Cross country flying

That morning, Ryo woke up and found that all of A squadron was also up already, Ryo got into his flight gear and climbed into his spitfire Mk 18, the others did the same, started their engines and taxiied out behind Ryo, upon taking off they climbed to 22,000 ft and flew east northeast toward halifax Nova Scotia.

THREE HOURS LATER

The squadron landed in Halifax, refueled and took off again, they had to fly another 100 nautical miles offshore to reach the maple carrier which had no proper runway, they had to land on the tankery practice grounds which was very difficult as the ground was very rough but everyone made it down safely. A lot of the school girls who attend maple were a little surprised and confused to see a flight of spitfires landing on the carrier. Later that day, all students received a memo that 30 pilots of 102 squadron were aboard for a trip across the Atlantic for special ops in europe. The tankery girls really respected 102's pilots, thanking them for supporting them as they couldn't have won without our support.  Hell all of maple loved 102's pilots, in more then one way (wink wink nudge nudge).

Ryo had checked the amount of fuel in each spitfire and he ran some numbers, they would have about 150 nautical miles of range, enough in theory to reach st Glorianas carrier from decent range.

10 days and one Atlantic crossing later
6:00 AM
All the spitfires were lined up and had wooden chocks holding the flaps at half down to allow for a shorter takeoff run to be safe, several maple members were sad to see us go but we had a job to do. It was a stormy day but it was only going to get worse, it was go now or go home. Ryo used full power to get off the ground and into the rain filled air, everyone else made it off themselves and they quickly climbed above the clouds due east toward st. Gloriana's carrier