Artemis Waters: Origin

(I do not own the image it belongs to its rightful owner.)

Wow 90+ hearts! I'm glad everyone is enjoying this story, I hope you all enjoy this next chapter!

--------------------

~Dream~

A four year old girl with golden blonde pigtails sat on a tree swing as she watched adults talk to the orphanage caretakers about adopting a child, already knowing that no one wanted a quirkless child like her. Narrowing her emerald green eyes at the negative thought, little Artemis shook her head to banish the thought. She remembered what Kacchan said about her, "I am not useless, nor am I worthless! And I will become somebody that people will recognize, Kacchan! I'll show you that I can become a hero!" Artemis vowed to herself that she will become the first ever quirkless hero that ever lived.

"Who said that you were useless and worthless?" a baritone voice suddenly spoke from behind her, causing Artemis to fall of the swing with a loud squeak. "*Chuckles* Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to scare you little one," a man with messy brown hair, turquoise eyes, and a little stubble on his chin, apologized as Artemis glared at the man for scaring her.

"Why should I tell you?" Artemis retorted while continuing to glare at him.

"Um, because I asked?" the man said as Artemis was trying to scare him away with the Kacchan glare, but the man just smiled charmingly at her as she failed at the Kacchan glare that was always used on her and Izu.

"I don't know you. You could be a villain or worse a kidnapper," Artemis told as the man sweatdropped, 'Villain? Kidnapper? I'm none of those things!' the man thought.

"I'm neither of those things! I'm just a charming young man who overheard you saying that you want this "Kacchan" to see you become a hero. Why would anyone say you can't become a hero?" the man asked, raising his brow at Artemis who shook her head no and turned her head away, trying to ignore the annoying man as she crossed her arms and sat on the soft green grass.

Tapping his chin in thought, he got an idea as he sat on the soft grassy ground in front of Artemis who looked at him like he grew a second head and turned purple. "What are you doing?" Artemis questioned, suspicious of the man who sat before her.

"Sitting," he answered, grinning cheekily at Artemis who silently got up, dusting off her green sundress and chose a spot to sit that was away from the strange man, but he got up and sat in front of her again.

Artemis did this a few times trying to get away from the strange and annoying man who kept following her, "Erge! Why the hell are you following me?!" Artemis growled as the man's eyes widen a fraction from her language. Narrowing his eyes, he flicked Artemis's forehead, "Ow! What the hell-" he flicked her forehead harder than before.

"Language!" the man scolded, he felt rather proud of himself for flicking her because Artemis was pouting and covering her forehead with her tiny hands as tears prickle in the corner of her eyes.

"Who the hell are you?!" Artemis scooted away from the crazy man's reach as he was about to flick her again.

"I'm the dashing and charming, Arthur Waters!" he struck a pose and Artemis could've sworn she saw roses behind him when he did that, "May I know your name, princess?"

"Artemis," she told with great reluctance as she stared at the weird man and hoping he would go away already.

"Well, Artemis, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!" Arthur cheerily told.

"No way am I being friends with you! You're weird as hell!" Artemis yelled.

"Language!" Arthur scolded and flicked her forehead again.