Start Line

Here's another chapter for everyone! Please tell me if there are any mistakes.

----------------

A boy with blonde hair and a single black lightning streak approached Artemis who was doing some stretches as the other examinees conversed with each other, "Did it hurt--" he was cut off by Present Mic's voice.

"Okay, start!" Present Mic announced the battle center gates opened and Artemis ran in first as she spotted three one-pointers and took them out immediately before retrieving her arrows. "What's wrong? There are no countdowns in real fights! Run, run! The die has been cast, you know!" Artemis heard Present Mic say to the examinees who hesitated, Artemis jumped on top of a two-pointer and stabbed it in the head with her arrow before pulling the arrow out and shooting it at another two-pointer in the head as four more two-pointers appeared. Shooting arrow after arrow she took them down like moths to a flame before retrieving her arrows and moving on.

Climbing up a fire escape to the roof, Artemis surveyed the fake city for any faux villains; she saw examinees using their quirks to destroy the faux villains. Giving a running start, Artemis jumped and ran cross rooftop to rooftop as she took out five three-pointers from above. Jumping onto a roof, she peered over the ledge to see an examinee take out a three-pointer, but they didn't see a different three-pointer behind them. Quickly nocking an arrow, she pulled the bowstring back and released the arrow as it pierced the three-pointer's head, saving the examinee that turned around to see the arrow sticking out of the three-pointer's head. "Are you okay?" Artemis asked as she climbed down from the fire escape.

"Yeah, thanks for the save," they thanked before running off.

"Six minutes and two seconds left!" Present Mic announced as Artemis went to grab her arrow when suddenly she was surrounded by eight faux villains; there were two one-pointers, two two-pointers and four three-pointers.

"Target acquired. I'll kill you," all eight faux villains said in unison, Artemis pulled out the arrow from the three-pointer's head and twirled the arrow casually as her expression was calm but internally she's smirking, 'Lets give the heroes a good show, shall we?'

--------- With the staff of U.A. -----------

The U.A. staff watched examines use their quirks while judging who should enter U.A. They saw Artemis get surrounded by eight faux villains, her form relaxed while casually twirling the arrow in her hand. A one-pointer lunged at Artemis who sidestepped to her left dodging the robot's attack as she plunged the arrow into the one-pointer's head before pulling the arrow out, nocking it to her bow and released the arrow as it pierced a two-pointer's head. Artemis ducked down to avoid a swipe from a three-pointer, she unsheathed her combat knife from her belt as she stabbed the three-pointer in the chest and dragged the knife across diagonally before pulling the knife out and threw it at the two-pointer who charged at her, the knife pierced the two-pointer in the head with deadly accuracy as it skid to a stop near her feet.

All Might watched in interest as Artemis used acrobatics to dodge the last four faux villains and give herself some distance before shooting arrow after arrow at the faux villains as the arrows pierced the four faux villain's heads. Artemis gathered her arrows and pulled out her combat knife from the faux villain's head as she sheathed the knife before continuing onward. "In this practical exam, the examinees have not informed of the number of villains or locations. They have limited amount of time in a vast area. They have to draw the villains out from there," the principal of U.A. spoke, "Information gathering ability to understand the situation before anyone else. Mobility that can be used in many different circumstances. Discernment to be able to stay calm in any situation. And pure combat ability. These basic abilities needed to keep the peace in the streets are turned into points in this test."

"Doesn't this year's group look promising?" a female voice spoke.

"Well, we can't know for sure yet. Their true test is still to come," a male voice told as he pushed a button.

----------- With Artemis and the other examinees -------------

The examinees felt the ground shake as a giant shadow loomed over them. Gazing up, the examinees gasp in shock to see the giant faux villain as it raised its fist up before punching ground which caused a shockwave. Artemis stared at the giant zero-pointer as terrified examinees ran past her, 'Are they trying to get us killed?!' gritting her teeth, she ran toward the zero-pointer while ignoring people yelling at her to turn around, "What are you doing?! Run!"

"Turn back!"

"Run away!"

"Run!"

Their yells fell on deaf ears; Artemis continued to run toward the zero-pointer as she saw two people frozen in fear from seeing the giant robot. "Get out of here!" Artemis yelled, pulling the collars of their shirts back bringing the two examinees to their senses as they ran away. Seeing that the two examinees run off, Artemis surveyed the area until her eyes landed on the boy who tried to talk to her before the exam began as his foot was stuck under some rubble while the zero-pointer was coming closer. Running over to the boy, Artemis lifted up a large piece of rubble that pinned the boy's foot. Once the boy's foot was free, "Can you run?" Artemis asked as she kept an eye on the zero-pointer.

The boy lightly put pressure on his foot and a sudden pain shot up his leg from doing that, "No," he told, shaking his head.

Artemis sling her bow over her shoulder before grabbing the boy's arm and wrapped in around her shoulders, "Come one, we need to get moving before the zero-pointer could squash us into jelly," she told, she helped the boy walk as quickly as they could while the zero-pointer was getting closer and closer.

The boy looked over his shoulder as he saw the zero-pointer gaining on them, "It's-"

"Don't concern yourself with that! Just focus on moving foreword," Artemis told, her grip tightened on the boy as she continued to help the boy walk faster.

"One minute left!" Present Mic announced as Artemis and the boy hastened their pace, trying to get away from the zero-pointer, "Time's up!"

Letting out a sigh of relief that the zero-pointer went offline, Artemis helped the boy sit down as she inspected his foot, "Thank you for saving back there," the boy thanked.

"You're welcome," Artemis sent the boy a soft smile before standing up and stretched as she saw medical robots enter the area, "See ya around, lightning boy," she gave him a salute and walked away when the medical robots approached lightning boy. Artemis left the battle center and walked all the way back to the changing room before returning home.

~Time skip~

A week has passed and Artemis was putting all the evidence and files she gathered over the years into a box for a raining day before she went to see if she got any mail. Grabbing her mail, she saw a postcard from Maria and a U.A. latter, a disc was inside the letter as she threw the disc on top of the coffee table before sitting on her couch and started to sharpen her arrow tips. A hologram of a rodent named Nezu the principal of U.A., Artemis snuck into U.A. as Robin Hood for reasons only she knows. She ignored his speech and saw that she took first place from Katsuki as he was in second, "... Welcome to U.A., Artemis Waters," she heard before the hologram turned off.

Leaning back against the couch, Artemis stared at the disc, "I'm finally in U.A., Arthur. Are you proud of me?" she whispered into the empty room as tears streamed down her cheeks, "I wish you were still here to tell me if I'm making the right choices." She was happy that her childhood dream was filled but she was also sad that Arthur wasn't here to celebrate with her as she silently cried touching the locket around her neck for comfort as it was a gift from Arthur on her seventh birthday before he perished that day.