Nightmare

(Aaliyah's POV)

"You can't be serious, Jake! What did I do wrong to you?" I yell while falling to the floor.

"Aaliyah you aren't the one for me! And you know I have been cheating on you anyway," he says.

"Screw you, just get out!" I scream while the tears overflow down my face.

Jake was my boyfriend of four years. He just broke up with me for basically no reason at all. He was the love of my life and he is gone. I can't believe he was cheating.

I lay on the floor for hours until my roommate, who is also my best friend, comes back. She runs up to me and asks, "Babes what happened?"

"Jake j-just broke up w-with me. He was cheating on me and told me t-that I w-wasn't the one for him," I cry.

"I'm going to kick his ass," she yells while standing up. She grabs her keys and starts towards the door.

"Kenna stop it! He's not worth it, just leave it alone," I say.

"Why should I leave it alone? He broke your heart into a million pieces and nobody does that to my best friend," she says.

"Just come back here," I say. She walks back to me and helps me stand up. I honestly
don't want to move. I wish I could just sit there forever and never have to move.

She sits me down on my bed and hugs me, "Hey don't let him get to you. He isn't worth your tears. Any man would be so lucky to have you. Jake is missing out on you."

"But, Kenna, he was my world. He meant everything to me and I don't think I can go on without him. He was one of my best friends."

She hugs me tighter, "I am your best friend. Only me, you don't need his negativity."

"Thanks Kenna. I'm going to get a shower, I just want to be alone," I say.

I walk into the bathroom and turn on the bath water. I sit down on the tub floor and all I can think about is what I did wrong? The whole relationship I treated him so well and I was always there for him. He gave up on our relationship.

Was I not good enough? Did I not please him well enough? Was I not pretty enough for him? All these questions run through my mind. I'll never find the right one.

I get out of the shower and sit on my bed and just cry some more. Kenna is in her bed and leaves me alone, it's what I want. I think about all the memories and all the times he said he loved me. That was all just a lie.

I slowly drift off to sleep.

[1 week later]

I guess you could say that I am doing worse than before. Instead of getting over Jake all I do is think about him. I only leave my bed to pee. No food and I don't talk to anyone. Kenna tries to get me out of bed everyday but I refuse to.

"Aaliyah, get up now!" Kenna yells while pulling the blankets off of my tiny body.

I grab them from her and yell, "No. Leave me alone, Kenna."

"I'm going to beat your ass if you don't get out of bed in thirty seconds. You need to get up," she says.

"I don't need to do anything," I say.

"I called your dad," she says.

I turn around and yell, "You did what?"

"I called your dad. He is on his way here because he knows that you are heartbroken. He wants to see you," she says while smiling.

"You didn't have to tell him what happened. I wasn't going to mention it to him," I say.

"He will be here in an hour. Now get up and get ready. And tomorrow you are going back to class," she says.