Lazy days

I pull into the driveway of the boys' house. It's around 4 in the afternoon and I am starving. I grab my things and go to the front door. It's unlocked so I just go in.

Austin is sitting on the couch but I don't see Ansley anywhere. He comes up and to me wraps me into a huge hug. I really needed to hug someone.

"I'm sorry, Aaliyah," he says.

"It's whatever, I'm never talking to her again so that's her problem," I say. He lets go of me and we walk to the couch.

"Ansley is up in my room," he says.

"Thank you," I say while walking to Austin's room. I really just want to break down to her right now.

I open the door to see her laying on his bed, painting on a canvas. She is drawing a beautiful butterfly with a rainbow at the top of it.

She sees me and pats the spot next to her for me to come sit with her. She puts her paint and canvas to the side.

I sit next to her and instantly start crying. She wraps her arms around me and we sit there for what seems forever. I know I shouldn't be crying over this because my mom isn't worth it, but it just hurts so much.

After awhile Ansley pulls my face up and says, "Go get a shower. I will make you food and after we eat we can watch a movie."

"Thank you, Ansley," I say.

"Don't thank me, we are family now," she says with a smile on her face.

I walk out of Austin's room and go to grab my bag from downstairs. Once I have it I go into Nick's room to take a shower.

I clean myself up in the shower and then I get out and get dressed. I put on a big sweatshirt and a pair of athletic shorts. It's a very lazy type of outfit.

I go downstairs and go into the kitchen. Ansley is making mac & cheese, which is my favorite. Austin is still in the living room watching TV.

Ansley knows I don't want to talk about the situation with my mom so she starts to talk about a different topic. "So are you excited for the ski lodge?"

"I'm so excited. I've never been skiing before, I can't wait to try it," I say.

"It's so much fun. Austin and I go there with his family every year in January. I don't think we can go this year though, so this will be nice," she says.

"I can't wait to see what it all looks like. I can just imagine all the snow, snow is my absolute favorite. It's so beautiful," I say.

She sets the pot down on the table, "It's so beautiful there. The lodge is wonderful and just so warm. The trees are covered in snow, I can't wait for you to see it," she says.

"Trust me I can't wait either," I say.

She sits down next to me and puts some of the mac & cheese on three separate plates.

"So how long have you and Austin been together?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Two years now," she says.

"Wow that's amazing, you guys are seriously the cutest together," I say.

"Aw thank you," she says.

We start to eat our food, but we kinda forgot to call Austin in to eat his food.

"Crap I forgot to call him in here," she mumbles.

I laugh.

"Austin your food is done. Come get it, it's already cold," she says.

He walk into the kitchen and sits down next to Ansley. He starts to eat his food and his face instantly turns into a disgusted look.