Hardships

(Kenna's POV)

I wake up in the morning to the smell of food. I go downstairs to see everyone sitting in the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Good morning, baby. How are you feeling today?" Brandon asks me.

"I feel a little better, but I still don't feel the best," I say while going to the fridge to grab a water.

"Do you want something to eat?" Aaliyah asks.

"No I'm good," I say.

I sit down at the island chair and sip on my water. Everyone else listens to music and makes breakfast.

"I wish we didn't have to go back to school on Thursday," Edwin says.

"Why the hell did we even decide to go to school?" Zion asks.

"Aw suck it up you big baby. If you guys didn't go to school then we probably wouldn't have met," Aaliyah says.

"She does have a point," Austin says.

"But still school sucks ass," Zion says.

"Trust me we already know this," I say.

"Shit! We never finished our project," Aaliyah says.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about it," Nick says.

"Me too. We should probably go finish it now before we forget again," Aaliyah says.

She grabs Nick's arm and they go upstairs to work on their project. I doubt the idiots even finish it on time.

Everyone else starts to clean up the kitchen, but Brandon comes over to me. He puts his hand on my forehead and I close my eyes.

"You are burning up. I'm taking you to the doctors," he says.

"No I'm fine. I don't need to go to the doctors," I say.

"You are going. I don't care what you say. We are going right now," he says.

"Brandon I'm fine," I say.

"Is that why you have been throwing up all day and night? You are also really warm. You look awful," he says.

"Fine. I'll go then, but only so you leave me alone about this," I say.

He smiles and gives me a kiss on the forehead. We walk out into the living room to tell Ansley that we are leaving.

"Hey Ans. Mr party pooper over here is making me go to the doctors. We are leaving," I say.

She laughs, "I think it's a good thing that you are going."

"See I'm not the only one that thinks you should go," Brandon says.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with," I say.

We walk out the door and to the car. Brandon drives to the doctors office, hoping that they can get us in right now.

When we get there they are able to get me in, but it has to be very quick. I know it's nothing, but Brandon thinks I'm dying.

"Kenna Powell," the nurse says.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Brandon asks me while I stand up.

"No you can stay here. I'll be quick," I say.

I follow the nurse to the room I'll be seeing the doctor in. She gets my weight and height and just tells me to wait for the doctor.

The doctor finally comes in about ten minutes later. "Good afternoon, Kenna. What's seems to be the problem?"