chapter three.

min yoon-gi

"This is Min Yoongi! Do you remember him at all?"

He was standing in Jimin's house, in front of Jimin's mother, at like three in the morning. They shook hands and she replied, "Of course I do! It's so nice to see you!"

"You too, Mrs. Park." Yoongi was never good with social interactions, but in this situation managed to be polite.

"'Mrs. Park' won't do, you can simply call me Eomma." That was an unfamiliar word to the boy, his own parents forced him to call them by their first names.

"Okay, thanks, Eomma..."

"Jimin says you want to stay over? You're welcome to come by whenever you want, for as long as you'd like. It's pretty boring around here."

"Mum," addressed Jimin. "Can I speak with you for a second, please?"

Yoongi was worrying while the mother and son whispered in the kitchen. They're talking bad about me. I knew it, Jimin just pities me. He doesn't want to be my friend.

He sighed, spinning around and examining the door handle. Should I leave and just go home?

park ji-min

Jimin often went outside at night, and his mother was fine with it. She knew he stayed out of trouble and only went to peaceful places like the park. Even if he was in distress, his vampire-side would definitely kick in and he could wipe out anybody. He had been trained to be diurnal, but because he was a vampire still naturally felt more awake during later hours. Jimin liked to be alone, usually paying visits to his father's grave.

So this time he was going to kill himself was a surprise. There was no hecking way he would ever tell his mom that detail.

"I found Yoongi wandering around and we talked. He told me his parents abuse him, Mum! I have a feeling he has a million bruises, when we hugged he flinched. Can he pleeeeeease stay, for at least a little while?" He pleaded so passionately, sounding like a little kid wanting to keep a stray animal. But Yoongi was worth more to him than any pet.

"Okay," agreed his mom. "If he's having trouble with his parents and you care about him, then I'll care about him too."

"Really, Mum?! Thank you!"

"Now, go take him upstairs. Maybe offer him a shower and some of your clothes, and I'll make some food. I don't suppose he has his school uniform?"

"No," sighed Jimin.

"You two can skip school tomorrow, I'll call first thing in the morning."

"Thank you so much, Mum!" The two hugged, and Jimin broke off to get back to Yoongi.

"Come on!" Jimin scooped up Yoongi's hand, kind of like earlier, and led the way upstairs.

The blue-head liked the younger's room. The walls were grey, decorated with pretty drawings and paintings. "Did you do all of these?" questioned Yoongi as he inspected each individual one.

"Mmhmm," replied Jimin. He was proud of his art pieces, all done between middle school and high school. His favorite one was the one Yoongi was looking at more thoroughly. It was a scene of a dark tree against a turquoise sky, with hints of yellowish clouds peeking in one of the bottom corners. A few stray leaves blew about on the left side of the picture, and in the tree hung a pair of tied-together shoes.

"I like this one." The older smiled at the picture and the younger's neat signature in the bottom right-hand corner: Park Jimin, 2015.

"Thanks, I like it too."