chapter six.

min yoon-gi

It had been a few weeks since Yoongi started sticking around at Jimin's house. They were back at school again. They still hung out at lunch every day, and always walked home while holding hands.

Jimin learned to supply his vampire side with blood without Yoongi seeing: when they went to sleep, Park Jimin would get up once he was sure his hyung was fast asleep, and he snuck away.

Sometimes, though, Yoongi wasn't fully asleep.

He always wondered what Jimin was up to. Horrible things, he figured. Is he cutting? I don't think so, he seems alright and I haven't seen any visible cuts. But he leaves every night! Surely if he was self-harming he wouldn't do it every single night.

But, for now he just left his curiosities unanswered. Yoongi respected Jimin and didn't want to intrude on his personal secrets.

~

Yoongi and Jimin and Jimin's mother were all at the table having a shared breakfast before school on a Friday.

"Eomma?" Yoongi had gotten used to referring to Mrs. Park as 'Eomma.' It felt a little uncomfortable at very first but eventually stuck.

"Yes, Yoongi?"

"How long can I stay here?"

"Why are you asking? Do you miss your home?"

The mint-haired boy hesitated before promptly shaking his head. "No. You guys are much nicer than them. But I feel bad staying here!"

"It's fine," interrupted Jimin. "I've told you! If we had a problem with you staying, we'd tell you."

"Well..." Both boys turned to look at Mrs. Park. "I have to take a business trip soon. With the restaurant I work at, we're going to America to take some cooking classes.

"I leave in exactly three weeks, and I'll stay there for around a month. I've decided to send Jimin to his grandparents' house so he won't be alone."

"So I'll have to go back home," Yoongi concluded with a frown.

Mrs. Park nodded, remorsefully. "It would just be easier and allㅡ"

"What if hyung and I stay here by ourselves? We can take care of each other!" Jiminie interrupted yet again.

Yoongi perked up with hope. Taking care of Jimin and being with him for a whole month would be like a dream.

His mother pursed her lips. "I'll consider it. But a month is a long time and I would be concerned."

"You can call or text every day," offered Jimin. "I'm sure we can cook just fine, too! Remember when we made cookies?"

"True, but..."

Yoongi promised, "I'll take very good care of Jiminie-ah."

She smiled. "I'll think about it for a little while. School is going to start soon, you two should hurry!"

~

Exactly three weeks passed. It was Friday, after school, and Mrs. Park was rushing to get her bag all put together. The plane was about to leave, in about an hour.

-flashback, a week prior-

"Jimin! Yoongi! I need to talk to you two!"

Upon request, Yoonmin padded downstairs after helping each other with homework in their room.

"What's up?" Jimin asked when they'd met his mother at the bottom of the stairs.

"My trip is in two weeks, and I've decided that you two can handle staying here on your own."

The students' faces both lit up and they turned to each other.

"Yay! This will be fun!" Jimin was super enthusiastic, and he gave Yoongi a hug.

-flashback end-

"Do you need anything, Mum?" Park Jimin was trying to help his mother out as she desperately gathered items of hers.

"I think I'm okay, thank you sweetie! Have you seen my favorite chapstick...?"

Pretty soon she had all of her items together and was all set to go. Mrs. Park turned to Yoongi and Jimin.

"It's time for me to go to the airport. I'll call you when my plane lands! I left some instructions on the kitchen table for if something bad happens, plus there's multiple recipes. I stocked the freezer and cupboards with food and I bought a big pack of ramen noodles. Take care of yourselves!"

Mrs. Park kissed the top of their heads and left the house, got in her car, and drove away.

Yoongi turned to Jimin. "WOOOOO!" The mint-haired boy yelled and started jumping around.

Jimin giggled like a little kid and joined in the fun. "The whole house to ourselves!!!"

~

"What do we do first?" Yoongi prompted.

"Do you like music?" Jimin answered with another question.

"I guess. I prefer making music than listening, though. Wait, you want to be a singer, right, Jimin-ah?"

"Yeah..."

"Sing me something! And then I'll rap for you."

The one with pink hair shyly smiled. "Sing?"

"Yeah," confirmed the mint-haired one. "I've only ever heard you hum."

Park Jimin suddenly started getting nervous. What if I mess up? I don't want to humiliate myself, in front of my only friend.

Meanwhile, Min Yoongi was excited. I bet he's amazing at singing! If his voice is as good as how he looks, I bet he'd win a million awards

"What song, hyung?"

"You said you've written songs?"

"I have... but they're stupid."

"No! Jimin-ah, I want to hear one of them!"

Taking a deep breath, the vampire started to sing. It was a little verse he'd written a few months prior, and had finished in the car ride while moving to Busan.

"My empty heart feels tired
I want this to stop
I feel as though
My veins burn
I want to tell myself I'm okay
But I'm not
Not really
There's nothing left
It's not me
I'm not me
I'm trapped in a box
Get me out
Help me
Save me."

Once Jimin finished his song, he turned to Yoongi. "Well?"

The hyung's mouth was wide open in shock and delight. "Jimin... that was so good..."

He felt butterflies in his tummy after the compliment. "Oh, thanks. Now, rap for me!"

Yoongi licked his lips, mentally deciding what verse he would perform.

"Yah, drop the mic
You and I so unlike
You're just a poor scum
Slow and dumb
I can rap fast
Spit it like The Last
Agust D here to say
Pray that you're healthy every day."

"Whoa! Hyung! You really can rap so fast!"

"Thanks, haha."

"You should become a rapper! You'd be so popular."

Yoongi smiled to himself, glad to have a supporter for his dream.

He hoped that his supporter would stick around.