Chapter 2 -

Shadow entered his house and sat on his couch, throwing his legs over the table next to the Ouiji board he found in the alleyway. He never played it before, but he kept deciding whether or not to play. He heard that playing the Ouiji board can be dangerous and risky, but he didn't care at all. Anyway, it was for chilling events.

He looked at the board and shrugged his shoulders, got up, and switched off all the lights in the house. He grabbed five candles and placed them around the board, lighting each one of them. Then he put his fingers on the planchette and moved it around in circles, muttering some things to himself before he felt a presence close to him. He took this as a sign to start talking. 

"Are you coming from the light?" It took a few minutes of patience before the triangle moved to the word "yes." Shadow nodded and asked another question.

"Am I talking to Maria?" This time it took just a second for the triangle to move on to the word "yes" again.
The ebony hedgehog almost chirped with emotion. Now he was talking to one of his friends from a long time ago! Well...That's who he thought he was talking to...

"Are you taking care of me?"

".....yes"

"If you're really taking care of me, what have I done for the last few months?"

The planchette moved quickly on the board and landed on different types of letters. It spelled the word "kill" Shadow nodded again and proceeded with the game.

"Am I going to get killed as well?"

"....... No. "

"Who will protect me? "

The planchette moved slowly over the board, and for some reason the wooded triangle stung the hedgehog's fingers, but he didn't pull away though. He only thought it was something else and shrugged it off. After a good few minutes the word spelled,

"s.....a....t.....a...n.. "

Shadow's pupils became small when he discovered that the one he was communicating with was not Maria. He kicked the Ouiji board away from him and jumped up. He knocked down the candles which caused a little fire on the wooden floor. He then dashed to the bathroom and came back with a bucket filled with water, and threw it over the fire while stomping on it until he saw that the flames were put out. Shadow sighed in relief, and walked away from the scene. But one thing though, he forgot to say goodbye.

And little did he know, that a blue hedgehog stalked him all this time.