Chapter 7 -

{Time Skip - 1 week, 2 days}

Shadow dragged himself up the stairs, carrying Maria's weight and the chain behind him. Gradually he was weakening and weakening as time went on. It only took a week and a few days to fly by, but it felt like it was passing by for a long time. This was all too much for him to handle. It was literally killing him. As he walked up stairs a small hand grabbed his arm. He looked over his shoulder and frightened the blue boy with his lifeless eyes. Sonic gulped and quickly let go of his arm, stepping back a little. "I...I just wanted to remind you that in a week the--" He was cut off by Shadow's loud groan of irritation. "Yes yes... I know. A week until the priest comes," Ebony stated as his head twitched slightly. Just when he was about to walk away the same hand grabbed his arm again. "Wait... I'm kind of worried about you... It seems like your condition is only getting worse,"

"I'm fine." Was all he said before teleporting into his room. Sonic lowered his ears and sighed. All he wants is for Shadow to be safe. But how is that possible if he keeps hiding from him? How is he going to help him in the meantime while they wait? He must do something before something terrible happens to his beloved one.

Shadow's POV

I sat on my bed and lowered my head, staring down at the old bloodstains on the brown carpet. Faker was right... My condition is getting worse..but I don't like the idea of him helping me. It's not right for the hero to help the villain. It's just all too wrong..
Besides, why would he want to help me? I thought we were enemies...

After a while I heard a creek coming from my door. I looked up and saw a blue hedgehog peaking in, clearly checking on me. A shaky growl slipped through my lips, but it didn't scare him away though. He just stepped in and slowly closed the door behind him, and leaned against the wall with crossed arms. We stared at each other until I turned my head away. Sonic chuckled and walked to me, placed a hand under my chin and forced me to look up at him. His face was over shadowed and his lips were in a form of a frown. He glared down at me and was slowly tearing up. "Why are you so dense?" He asked as he then leaned closer to my face. I panicked a little and leaned back so he wont get too close to me, but he would always follow me. "W-what are you doing?"
He ignored my question completely and kept leaning closer. He slowly pressed his forehead against mine and purred. What was he doing?

I looked at him confused and held his cheeks, pushing his face away. "What was that for?"

There was a long period of silence.

"I need to tell you something,"