Chapter 3 -

"Shadow, you son of a--"

"Sonic."

"SCRRRRRRRRREEEE--" The blue Hedgehog screeched and fell backwards on his ass. He looked over his shoulder and saw Ebony standing behind him, tapping his foot against the ground irritatingly. He got up quickly and crossed his arms.

"Why did you play that!?"

"So I was being watched. What did I tell you about t--"

"I DON'T CARE! SHADOW THE GAME YOU PLAYED IS DANGEROUS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN  PLAY PROPERLY! "

"Oh, and you know how?" The Black Hedgehog asked him with a little touch of sarcasm in his voice. This caused Sonic to snap. He grabbed Shadow's shoulders and shook him back and forth. "DON'T YOU GET IT!? You opened a portal for an evil spirit! What you did was dangerous! You need help!"

"You're the one who needs help, I mean. Come on seriously? Demons aren't real." Ebony smirked.

After a few minutes of staring, Sonic finally let go of him and walked away. "Fine! Be like that, just know that you will need my help!" And with that the blue hedgehog disappeared into the woods.

Shadow just shrugged and went back inside his home. He picked up the Ouiji board and threw it in the trash. "Tch, Demon?? Whatever. It's not like it's going to harass me or anything. Sonic's making shit up again." He chuckled as he went to his room and fell onto his bed, already stroking on the hot sheets of the bed. Nothing paranormal seemed to happen in the house, until the clock hit 3 AM.

••••••••••

Shadow fluttered his eyes open with the noises of a girl crying from the hallway. He sat up in his bed and stayed where he was. "Hello?" was all he could say. He was too paranoid to talk, so he got up from his bed and tiptoed to his door, peeped out and saw a little girl crying. He walked towards her slowly, and was about to grab her arm when she suddenly vanished into thin air. "What in the..?"

"Shadow..."

That voice...

Shadow looked over his shoulder and gasped at the person who was standing behind him. He turned to her and looked at her up and down, practically staring in disbelief. This was no demon. This was Maria for peet sake! She still looks the same! Except for her eyes. Those are now dull and lifeless, not even a tint of life was in it. And a little blood was dripping from her pink lips and nose.

This made ebony somewhat suspicious and only a little creeped out. "Is this really Maria? I mean, she still looks the same but also not. What the hell is going on?" He thought to himself. He stepped forward and put his hand through her stomach. "So you're a spirit..." He asked, his voice shaking a little. She nodded, not saying or making a sound. Now ebony truly freaked out. This wasn't normal.. Maria would always answer him in a proper way. Was an evil entity now taking over her body?

"Sonic might be right about this,"