Chapter 6 -

Three hours had passed and it was now seven in the morning. The atmosphere was cold as always, but only a little warmer than it was before.

Sonic looked down at the ebony hedgehog who was now asleep peacefully. He let out a low laugh as he stroke his black quills.  It's the first time Sonic has been so close to his edgy opponent, but he instantly fell in love to being so close to him.

Shadow began to shift around in his sleep, slowly waking up. He fluttered his eyes open and looked around at his surroundings. Sonic quickly got to his side and sat down on his knees, looking straight into the other's crimson orbs. 

"Good morning!"

"Uh.... morning..? You're still here?" The black hedgehog asked him as he sat up.

"Mhm! I didn't sleep, but that's fine, I guess!"

"You didn't sleep? Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine! I just wanted to make sure you're safe!"

"Oh, all right" Shadow stretched and threw his legs over the mattress "Thank you. I appreciate your gratitude."

Sonic nodded and helped his crush out of bed. When he looked at the sheets he noticed that there was a pool of blood that had small chunks of flesh in it. "Sh-Shadow... Is that yours.?" He pointed at it. Shadow grunted and looked at it, slowly feeling a stabbing pain in his back. He growled and looked at Sonic, giving him the look of "help me". The blue hedgehog nodded and looked at the other's back. A stream of black and red blood ran down his back like a waterfall, and pieces of flesh somehow were being pushed out from there.

Sonic screamed and quickly backed away, while Shadow on the other hand was growling in pain. He arched his back and heard it snap which send waves of pain through his body. He screamed and kicked the bedside table, causing a picture of Maria to fall down. Suddenly, the chain that was implanted in ebony's neck began to yank him backwards. He looked over his shoulder and saw Maria holding the steel chain, her face had madness written all over it. She pulled again and managed to make Shadow fall down. She then got closer to him and pinched his ear, and slowly started to tear the tip of it off. Shadow yelled in pure agony as his ear was being torn off. Sonic looked at Shadow and saw what was happening, so he quickly dashed to him and somehow scared the spirit away, even though he couldn't see her. "Shit shit shit!! How do I fix this!? How is this happening!?" The blue hedgehog panicked. But Shadow was only sitting with his knees against his chest, rocking himself back and forth. He didn't allow him to cry so he sucked it up and acted like he was just scared and not hurt, while the real reason he wanted to cry was because he got hurt. He sniffed and blinked his tears away when he felt two gloveless hands touch his ear. "Don't worry Shad...I'll call the priest. There is no need to be scared... I'm here to help you.. Just stay calm and close your eyes, think off all the good things.. Try to forget about what happened.." Blue whispered,  comforting him. After a while Shadow calmed down, and was now resting in the peach coloured arms.

Sonic's POV

I purred at the feeling of the warm breaths hitting my skin. Shadow was asleep again. I couldn't help but to smile. He was so peaceful, and his mouth was opened a little, it was not a frown like always. I picked him up and went downstairs to lay him on the couch, seeing that his bed was stained with blood. When I placed him down he immediately grabbed my arm as if he wanted me to stay by him. "No Shadow, I need to get the phone real quick." I whispered in his ear. He somehow heard me and let go of my arm. "Heh, good boy." I walked over to the telephone and dialed one of the most famous churche's numbers out there. It took me a few minutes to explain to the priest what was happening to Shadow, but it's all worth it. My top priority now was to keep him safe from any danger and\or any possessions.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wait....excuse me?"

•••••••••

"No...I...Yes, but Sir, we need you right now"

••••••••••

"Uhm... How much!? I don't have that amount of money!"

•••••••••••

"Fine, fine! I'll get the money, but ONLY if you open up a spot for us."

•••••••••••••

"Okay, two weeks. See you then." I hung up the call and rubbed my temples in annoyance. Hopefully the priest will be able to perform the exorcism before the end of the month...

Suddenly a grumble caught my attention. I looked over my shoulder and saw Shadow pushing himself up. Quickly I got to him and helped him sit up, without touching him near his back.

"Sonic? What's going on? Why'd you yell like that?" He asked me as he tried to keep his eyes open.

"Oh, I was just panicking a little....but everything's fine! One thing though, the priest said that he will not be able to help us in about two weeks,"

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"He said he's too busy at the moment.... I guess all we can do now is to wait..."

"Agreed. I just want this to be over with ..and I want you out my house." He mumbled and he held his neck.

I lowered my ears and fiddled with my fingers. "Y-you jerk...!"