Chapter 8 -

Sonic sat on the bed next to Shadow and sighed when he began to think of a way to confess his feelings. What if Shadow rejects him? What if now is not the perfect time? Is it worth telling him how he feels about him? Will Shadow love him back? The hedgehog's mind was now full of those questions, he pondered to himself as he played with the tip of the blanket. As time ticked away, Shadow felt quite uncomfortable that he was so quiet around him. He didn't like it at all, so he got up and started to leave. Suddenly, two arms wrapped themselves around the ebony male's waist and hugged him tightly. "Shadow I...I know this is sudden and all, but uh- " he walked back and fell on the mattress, with Shadow sitting on his lap. "I think I like you... No, I love you... But I understand if you don't like me back because of the fact that we're both boys..." The blue hedgehog gulped "B-But I...I just don't know how I started to like you...I just suddenly felt really attached to you since I helped you out the other day..."

~~~~~~
The azure hedgehog ran down the mountain and smiled as the cool wind blew through his quills. A few flowers were sticking out from his ears because Amy decided that it would be a good idea to make him look "Kawaii". He shook some of it out of his ears and kept running until he saw a black hedgehog hanging upside down from a tree. He chuckled and stopped in his tracks, walked over to him and stood under the dangling hedgehog. He looked up and grinned when he saw the expression on Shadow's face. " How'd this happen, eh?"

"Don't ask."

"I already did, faker."

"Shhh!" Shadow quickly covered his mouth and looked over his shoulder. "Those people are after me--" He pointed at them. They were standing at the other side of the mountain, but the ebony hedgehog somehow still saw them. He then started to kick around and tried to wiggle out of the rope but didn't manage to break free. Sonic chuckled and helped him out by using a pocket knife Tails gave him for emergency use only. He cut the rope off and watched as Shadow fell on his face. "Pfff, you alright there buddy?"

"Shut up!"

"Nope!" Sonic whistled and stepped away from his faker. He walked away, glanced over his shoulder and saw the ebony hedgehog smile before disappearing into the woods. "Did he just--"
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh...I remember," The black hedgehog stated as he turned around and faced his blue counterpart, staring right into those emerald eyes. "And yes. You confessed too soon. But... I don't mind that you like me," He admitted. Sonic was surprised by this so he widened his eyes and allowed to let a gasp slip through his lips.  "Really!?"

"Yes...but I don't think it's time though."

"I guess...but that means something right!?"

Shadow replied with a quick nod. Sonic hugged him tight, never wanting to let go. He finally got to confess his feelings without his crush turning him down. 

"One question Shad...why'd you smile at me that other day anyways?"