Imagine #14- I'm Terrified I'm Gonna Hurt You

"(Y/N) please..." Bucky said putting his hands on (Y/N)'s waist to stop her from kissing him.

"Did I do something wrong?" (Y/N) frowned.

"No babe you didn't do anything wrong I just..." Bucky trailed off and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Please talk to me Buck," (Y/N) pleaded. She wrapped her arms around his waist but he didn't touch her.

"I'm sorry," Bucky said, starting to walk away.

"Wait where are you going?" (Y/N) asked with tears in her eyes.

"We can't do this. Every time I touch you I'm terrified that I'm gonna hurt you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew that I harmed you in any way!" Bucky yelled.

"I trust you Buck. I know you would never hurt me," (Y/N) begged.

"I can't take that chance. I'm sorry," Bucky said sternly.

"I love you Buck," (Y/N) said confidently. Bucky's eyes grew wide.

"(Y/N)..." Bucky started to say but (Y/N) cut him off.

"I'm serious. I love you,"

"I care about you too much to let you do that. You deserve someone so much better. Someone gentle. I need you to be safe. I'm sorry," Bucky breathed. (Y/N) could feel her heart breaking as she watched him turn around and walk away.