Imagine #20- I'm Terrified I'm Gonna Hurt You Pt. 2

Someone requested to have a part 2 to "I'm terrified I'm Gonna Hurt you" so here it is!! Let me know what you think! :)

(Y/N) immediately jumped up from her desk when she heard a loud chorus of "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" blare from her phone. Trying to figure out where she was and what was happening, she frantically squinted at the clock mounted on the wall and saw, to her horror, it was 3:00 am. She had fallen asleep at her desk. She scrambled for her phone, knocking over numerous amounts of paperwork in the process. When she finally found her phone under a particularly large binder and checked to see who was calling, her stomach gave a dreadful lurch.

Why is he calling me? What does he want? Should I ignore it? What if he's in trouble?

She blinked furiously, expecting the unlikely image of the name on her screen to go away. No matter how hard she blinked, it didn't go away. She stood there frozen until she finally realized she had to make a decision. Her heart beating rapidly, she pressed the green accept button.

"H-hello?" She managed to croak out. She nervously shoved her free hand in her back pocket, waiting to hear his voice.

"(Y/N). Hi," Bucky said quietly. The sound of his voice almost made her burst into tears.

"Hi," (Y/N) repeated awkwardly, waiting for his reason for calling. There was a slight pause that felt like it went on for ages until Bucky finally spoke again.

"Look I know this must be weird for you... but I need to see you," (Y/N)'s heart lurched and she immediately sprang up from her seat and grabbed her car keys.

"Are you ok?" (Y/N) asked frantically jamming the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she tried to shove on her sneakers.

"I guess," he said thickly, his voice slightly wavering.

"Buck please you're scaring me. What's going on?" (Y/N) exclaimed, shoving on her second shoe.

"I just... I just really need you right now." Bucky said shakily. He sounded really scared. (Y/N) had never heard him like this before and it terrified her.

"I'll be there in ten minutes. I lov-" (Y/N) said routinely but quickly stopped her sentence. "I mean- Just- I'll be there soon. Uh- bye."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Y/N) couldn't stop her hands from shaking as she walked up to Bucky's apartment door. She patted down her hair and wiped her clammy hands on her thighs before raising her fist to knock. Her hand stayed there, inches away from the door. She was about to see Bucky Barnes for the first time in three years since he broke up with her. She knew that he did it to protect her, but it hurt all the same. She wanted so badly to turn around and run away as fast as she could but Bucky needed her and that was the most important thing. So pushing her anxiety to the back of her mind, she loudly knocked on the door. Her heart rate getting dangerously fast as she heard footsteps coming closer. When Bucky opened the door, (Y/N) stood there in shock. His hair was long and unkempt, he had purple bags under his eyes, and he looked extremely distressed. However, All of (Y/N)'s fears melted away at the sight of him. She dropped the purse she was holding on the floor and immediately embraced him, letting her tears fall freely now. He didn't hug her back at first. He kept his arms held out at a safe distance as she hugged him tightly. After a few seconds, (Y/N) felt the cold metal of his arm gently wrap around her waist followed by his other arm. They both melted into each other, making up for three years of no contact.

"Buck..." (Y/N) whispered, with her head in the crook of his neck. "What happened to you?" Bucky gently released his hold on (Y/N) and took her hand in his, leading her into his apartment and sitting them down on his couch.

"I haven't been myself for the past three years (Y/N). I've been having panic attacks and I've just been so unhappy. I knew it was because I didn't have you in my life. I forced myself to lose all contact with you to keep you safe from me. I couldn't stand the thought of hurting you. I've... done some things. Horrible things," Bucky said, with tears shining in his eyes. He quickly looked down at the couch cushions.

"Hey. That wasn't your fault Buck. That wasn't you," (Y/N) said sternly, putting her hand on his cheek so that he would look at her.

"I just couldn't risk it (Y/N). You mean more to me than anything on this earth and if I hurt you I would never forgive myself. But I realized that leaving so abruptly... I had hurt you. Maybe not physically but still just as bad. I just needed to see you to explain," Bucky said, putting his hand over (Y/N)'s that was placed on his cheek.

"Bucky you don't understand. I feel so safe with you. I trust you more than anyone else on this earth. You're the only one for me and if you walk away from me again I don't know if I could handle it. I know I make you feel safe too. Please don't throw away something so beautiful. Please," (Y/N) said, tears streaming down her cheeks. Bucky wiped away a tear on her face and gave her a soft smile. His smile faltered a bit and he looked at the wall, contemplating something.

"The day I broke up with you... you said something to me. You told me something. Did you really mean it?" Bucky whispered. (Y/N) smiled and gripped his hands.

"I love you Bucky Barnes. I love you," (Y/N) laughed through her tears of joy. Bucky's grin spread and his whole face lit up.

"I love you too," Bucky said, grasping (Y/N)'s face in his hands. He smirked slightly and slowly leaned in to kiss her. It was the most beautiful kiss (Y/N) had ever had. He didn't kiss her roughly or greedily but with love. She smiled into the kiss and couldn't help but wish that this perfect moment would last forever.