Chapter 16

"What a way to end the day."

Agent 3 mumbled to himself as he went inside his temporary room in Pearl's mansion, the three girls insisted on him staying with them, more so the two cousins. Agent 4 just went along with the flow but did not push any further and was just there for damage control when things got a little heated, It also didn't help that Pearl also added to the chaos by arguing with Marie.

Both of them didn't really see eye to eye on things, Pearl had stayed absolute in her decision that Agent 3 was going to stay with them which prompted the two cousins to become frustrated at her. He thought that he would have to fight between them. He was really thankful when Agent 4 was there to help diffuse the situation and had gotten the squid sisters to back off.

"I don't know what I'll do without her." he thought out loud as he was changing into his pajamas,with all the craziness going on right now, it was comforting to know at least one of the girls can get things done through reason. He's not saying that Marie or Callie can't do the same, but they can go really overboard for a lack of a better word.

Marina was also a big help in keeping Pearl in check, apparently Pearl has a track record of getting out of control. She had apparently once punched an interviewer for being too pushy and annoying.

"It's a good thing that Pearl didn't do that earlier though that would have been a sight to see!" Agent 3 chuckled, for someone as small as Pearl he was curious on how such cute and short squid could do that, but she did have this intimidating aura around her, though he rarely sees it when she's around him and the others.

After he had managed to convince the two cousins they they didn't need to let him stay with them because he was already going to stay with Pearl, they had agreed to drop it. But by the look on the two cousin's faces he knew that they wouldn't give it up that easily and just when they were going to say anything else, Agent 4 had stopped them and urged them to just come back tomorrow.

He let out a chuckle, he liked their stubbornness. It reminds him of his sister back home, always would go down without a fight, but enough of that, for now he needed to rest. He then lied down on his bed and his thoughts went towards Agent 4, keeping the two cousins in check must be hard on her.

"I hope Agent 4 is okay." he mumbled out, and he closed his eyes and a moment of silence passed, but then he heard a sudden voice next to him.

"I'm sure she's doing just fine."

"GAH!" Agent 3 jumped right out of bed to look at the assailant, letting his pajamas out in full view that consisted of a black sweater and his boxers which was patterned with red squids, he got a better look at who was inside his room and saw that it was Callie, still dressed in her pink sweatshirt with her tentacles not tied up, he knew because Callie's tentacles were longer than a normal squid's tentacle when she doesn't have it tied up.

But that really didn't answer the main question.

"W-what are you doing here!?" stammered Agent 3 as he tried to calm down his beating heart, that scared him so much that he almost turned to ink for a second.

"Well... I just couldn't let you stay here all alone now can I?" Callie said as she was breathing pretty heavily, "and now we're all alone now Three!" Callie had pounced him and rested her face on his chest and seemingly took a deep breath.

"And since we're all alone let's do something fun!" she said as her face went closer and closer to Three's face.

But was stopped by something hitting her in the head.

"Owie!" Callie let out.

"Hold it right there!" It was Agent 4 who comically had a smoking fist from hitting Callie in the head.