Chapter 17

Agent 3 tossed and turned in his bed, he can hear the girls some times when they screamed, at one point he even heard his name being said out loud. Of course he really couldn't hear any of their conversation unless they screamed hard enough, which surprisingly the girls have been doing so much this night. A part of him wanted to just sleep and deal with it tomorrow morning, the other half was kind of curious.

Why in the hell would they be talking about him? What prompted his name out in their conversation? Why did Pearl shout it out? And he also felt kind of bad for Agent 8, It seemed that she was already asleep when Marina had woken her up to go have that 'girls sleepover' thing.

These were also questions that he wanted answers to, he could guess why they were talking about him, Marie and Agent 4 was there along with Callie, and lately the stories all revolved around them these past few weeks. So of course his name was going to go up somewhere in there.

It's already 12 AM and he can still hear snippets of his name coming up here and there. But would he go there and ask?

Big no.

He was pretty sure Callie was up, and to add fuel to the fire Marie was also there, he was sure he'd just ruin their supposed sleepover by dropping over just because he was curious about something.

Every time something involved him and the two cousins always resulted in headaches in the past few weeks now.

"Urgh.." he groaned as he got up from his bed and went downstairs to the outdoor pool and sat on one of the benches outside, he wasn't going to get sleep anytime soon so he figured some air outside will get his thoughts away from it. He was careful of letting out any noise as he was going downstairs. he cannot let them know that he was still awake.

He looked up and admired the stars that littered the night sky and took a deep breath and let out a content sigh. Lately it's been one situation after another and he was barely getting some peace and quiet.

So times like these are really missed by him.

"This is pretty relaxing." he said out loud without him knowing, he was so lost in his thoughts that he hasn't noticed someone walking up to him.

"It sure is huh?"

He looked to his side and saw Marina walking towards him, wasn't she supposed to be upstairs with the others?

"Marina!" Agent 3 blurted out, he didn't even notice her, "What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"I needed a break from them for a bit and went to get a drink." she answered, "Can I sit next to you?" she asked him.

"Sure, it's your home anyway." Agent 3 said as he slid to the side to give her some room to sit on.

"Hehe." Marina giggled, "No I just hang around here, I've got an apartment downtown." she said as she sat down, "Though I rarely use it since we do almost all of our recordings here or in our studio in the square." she added.

"What about you? what're you doing up so late?" Marina asked Agent 3.

"You know, just couldn't sleep." he answered with a chuckle, he didn't add that he could hear them talking about him and couldn't get any sleep because of curiosity, it would make him look weird.

Marina sent him a contemplating look, and hummed to herself.

"Is that so?" she said as she gave him a scrutinizing look and got closer to his face and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Y-yeah, why're you looking at me like that?" Agent 3 stammered, he wasn't going to get used to them getting close to him like this.

"Hmm, no particular reason." she said as she retracted her face back and looked up to the night sky, Agent 3 thought that was the end of it and returned back to watching the stars but then he heard Marina speak again.