Chapter 18

Pearl was pacing around the mansion's living room, after what happened last night she had tried to explain to Agent 3 that what occurred last night was just a misunderstanding. The good news, Agent 3 was quite understanding and was quick to assure them that he didn't think of them any ill will. The bad news? there was this awkwardness around them whenever she tried making conversation with him.

He would always try to look away from her whenever she tried to talk to him, and she wasn't stupid. She could tell it was because he saw her at such a compromising position last night and just thinking about it actually made her blush a little bit. She was a little bit embarrassed but this actually made her very happy.

It solidified the fact that Agent 3 did see her as a girl and even though she has a body type that wasn't like Marina, his reaction told her that she actually had a chance in gaining his attention.

A hint of a smile appeared on her face, that thought made her more happy than she had expected, she's in a somewhat good mood right now because of it.

"Urgh, can you please stop pacing around so much," Marie groaned while sitting on the couch, "Also don't smile like that, It looks creepy."

And now that good mood was all gone, and she felt a headache coming up, she turned her head to face Marie, and gave her a glare.

"Are you sure you wanna start this again after what happened last night?" she asked, she was getting tired of Marie's antics, even Callie was easier to deal with than this snarky squid.

"Last I recall you were the one who started it." giggled Marie as she got comfy on the couch she was sitting on, "Just sit down and chill, you're the only one who is standing up."

She sighed, she couldn't rebut that, she then opted to take the advice and take a seat on the couch and watch the TV, they didn't need to go and do their regular news today since no new updates came from the top. And the their manager said they can take the day off anyway.

On her right was Agent 8 who was eating a sandwich that she had made earlier, who looked like she was in heaven just by eating a regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and to her left was Callie who was busy doing something on her phone, and Marina was somewhere in the kitchen cooking some thing for all of them with the help of Agent 4.

Only one question remained in her mind though,

"Hey Marie, why are you guys still here?" she asked, it was a valid question, the three girls were only initially invited to sleep over because Marina had suggested they stay because it was late in the night. And she couldn't really force Marina to change her mind on the matter so she relented.

"Well, Three is here," Marie answered nonchalantly as if the answer was obvious from the start, "And Marina told us it was okay anyway."

"Urgh.." Pearl groaned, Marina didn't even live here but they act like she's the owner, she let her body relax on the couch and stared at the TV not even paying attention to what was on, it didn't matter anyway, Marina was someone she loved like a sister so she would let it pass and let her have her fun. She didn't get any other friends other than Pearl because of their career choice and Marina's own shyness.

But sometimes, her decisions gave her so much headaches, Pearl let out a sigh and rested her chin on her hand, and after a few minutes of watching some TV she heard hurried footsteps coming down from the stairs to see Agent 3 quickly putting on his jacket while heading to the door, but Marie was the first to voice her curiosity, and Pearl just opted to stay quiet to listen.

"Going somewhere Three?" Marie asked.

"Yeah, I need to go to Sheldon today to get my splattershot maintained." Agent 3 answered while tying his shoes, "It's been awhile since I've got them properly maintained anyway and I've got to find a birthday gift back home."