Me and My Big Mouth

Two months have passed since that day and I haven't told anyone yet.

I was currently sitting on the gym floor with my ankles crossed jotting down various notes of what I saw each player struggle and excel with. I also had a separate list I was adding to in spare moments with what I felt I should focus on when I practiced my piano and drums that night.

Along with being a manger for the boys' volleyball club, I was also first chair or section leader of percussion in my school's band. I was staring intently at my papers when I heard Tsukishima say rather loudly, "I bet Oshiro-san doesn't even have a soulmate. That's why she never uncovers where her soulmark should be." Both of us being our sassy, sarcastic selves had a sort of unspoken challenge of who could annoy the other the most.

I wasn't giving my actions my full attention, since my mind was divided among many things. So being the idiot I am, I rattled off a comeback to shut him up only realizing my mistake after.

I was still looking down at my papers when the words rolled off my tongue at the same volume Tsukishima had previously spoken. "Actually, I met my soulmate the first day I walked into this gym." All movement seemed to stop, except for the bouncing of volleyballs that had been dropped upon hearing my sudden confession.

I had been continuing to write notes until I finally processed the secret I had just spilled to the entire team. Now my hand was frozen, and I refused to look up at the mess my mouth had created, internally kicking myself.

Nearly all of the guys simultaneously shouted, "What!" They all began to look at each other confused, none of them moving from their spot. Yamaguchi was the first to realize I hadn't told anyone who my soulmate is. "Wait...Oshiro-san, you know who your soulmate is, but you haven't told him?" Tsukishima covered his mouth as he snickered, "Wow Oshiro-san, you must be really disappointed."

I slammed by notebook shut and raised my head. I glared up at his towering figure, both actions causing him to step back. "On the contrary Tsukki-san, unlike you he impresses me every day, " I retorted. Tanaka and Nishinoya started to lose it, yelling and laughing loudly. I heard someone else, probably Sugawara judging by the voice, say "Well, at least we've eliminated Tsukishima as a possibility."

As soon as Tsukishima opened his mouth to respond, the door of the gym was thrown open by my best friend and fellow percussionist, Riku Asuna. She was a a few inches taller than me with long brown hair, hazel eyes, and her soulmark covered for the same reason as mine. "Megu-chan you're late. We're organizing the instruments today," she panted.

"What are you talking about Asuna-chan? We're moving them Wednesday, today's only Tuesday." "No today's Wednesday, the entire day has been Wednesday!" She argued incredulously.

I looked at my team and was only met with nods of agreement with Asuna. I felt a surge of panic as I began rapidly shoving things into my backpack. I quickly zipped my bag and stood up while telling Coach Ukai, "Sorry I have leave before practice ends," before running towards the door.

I had walked about five steps when Tsukishima's confident voice cut through the air. "I bet you $50 I can figure out who your soulmate is." I froze; my body numb in fear. Meanwhile, Asuna stopped mid-step and turned to me shocked. Since she was my best friend, she had seen what my tattoos were. In her mind, she had speculated my soulmate might be a high school volleyball player, but she never thought she'd be right.

An idea struck me as I processed the challenge, feeling returning to my extremities. I spun around to face Tsukishima with a smile and crossed my arms. "You're on Saltyshima, but you have to accept my stipulations or no deal." "Which are?" He asked, placing his hand on his hip.

"You get three questions and one guess to figure it out. If I choose not to answer a question, it doesn't count towards your three." I paused a moment as an amusing thought entered my head. "The entire team can help you. However you started this bet, so if I lose you're the only one I'm paying." My eyes wandered from Tsukishima to the rest of the team behind him, only stopping a moment when I saw dark blue.

"Sorry guys I'm broke." I shrugged with my arms still crossed. He appeared to be thinking when Hinata suddenly shouted, "It's a deal Oshiro-chan." I saw Kageyama grab the top of the orange haired boy's head and watched them begin their usual bickering.

Tsukishima just rolled his eyes before nodding yes to me. I smiled and grabbed Asuna, who was still stupefied from the events she had witnessed, as I sprinted out the door.

Asuna finally woke from her state about thirty-seconds later and glared at me. "You better tell me everything." "I will, if you help me move the xylophone out of the closet. That thing always falls apart whenever I try to roll it and it makes me want to cry." We both started laughing and continued naming instruments we found annoying to transport.