Drawn to You

AN: Italics are Kageyama's thoughts.

===

Oshiro's POV
"Uuuuugh, I can't believe I left my music behind." I groaned to myself as I sprinted down the hallway. As I neared the second gymnasium, I noticed to door was open. I thought everyone would be gone since practice had ended more than twenty minutes ago. I expected my music to be unreachable, so I was feeling quite relieved.

I slowed my pace to a walk and peered inside. Kageyama was the only one occupying the gym. My heart began to race and my stomach felt unsettled. To make matters worse, he had tied the front of his hair up making him look insanely cute.

I watched Kageyama pick up a ball from the basket that held them and bounce it on the ground a few times. He spun it in his hands, before taking a deep breath. I watched him toss it up and slightly forward, then jump and swing his arm slamming his hand against the ball.

...It went straight into the net.

I could feel the frustration radiating off the black haired setter as he clenched his fists and cursed under his breath. I saw numerous volleyballs scattered on the floor. However, most were on his side of the net or near the net, unlike usual.

"H-hey Kageyama-kun," I greeted cautiously. He jumped and turned his head to look at me. Shit, I thought she left. This isn't going to help.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your practice. I just came to grab a folder I left behind." I explained smiling while rubbing my neck. He seemed in a daze as he nodded his head at me.

I stepped into the gym and looked at the side lines trying to find my folder. I noticed it laying beneath the bench, so I walked over to pick it up from the floor. Meanwhile, Kageyama was preparing for another jump serve.

I now had my precious music in hand as I stood up and turned around just in time to see him fail another serve. He looked dejected and without confidence, I had never imagined him acting this way. My heart ached at the sight.

"Kageyama-kun, are you feeling alright? You don't seem like yourself today." I said gently. "Huh...uh...yeah, I'll be fine." He replied looking at me.

It's just that on top of feeling anxious about the Interscholastic Tournament because of Oikawa, I feel drawn to you. You're always on my mind and it's messing with my concentration. It's not like I have no clue why this is happening or someth-.

"If you ever feel like you need someone, remember you have your teammates and your managers to back you up." I comforted with a smile on my face as I hugged my music to my chest. "You'll do great in the upcoming tournament. You always do Kageyama-kun."

He quickly turned his head away from me as he muttered, "shut up." I could see the tip of his ear and the small portion of his face still visible to me turn bright red. My heart began to pound harder and I felt my own face heat up. I spun around towards the door, "I'll leave you to your practice Kageyama-kun. Good luck."

I was about to step out of the gym when I was stopped. "Oshiro-san wait!" Kageyama yelled panicked. What am I doing! I don't have any valid reason for her to stay! But I really don't her to leave, please don't leave.

"You-you can stay...if you want...I-I don't mind." His face was scarlet and his body was facing me. He had taken a step towards me and had one arm outstretched. His eyes were glued to mine, I could see the plea he was trying to express through them. The need to be in my presence that I also felt for him.

His expression. His eyes. His voice. I almost broke. I almost broke down and told him at that very moment what I had wanted to for so long, but had been too afraid to. I opened my mouth planning to tell him everything, when we were interrupted...by my singing best friend.

"~Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead~"

Asuna had her eyes closed as she approached the open gym door, singing off key. She was dancing around as she sang and put her finger and her thumb on her forehead in the shape of an "L", following the song.

Kageyama and I were just staring her, completely lost at how to react. She opened her eyes once she finished the verse and screamed in surprise. I started laughing at her, now over the initial shock of my friend's randomness.

"That last part of the song was so fitting Asuna-chan." I joked still laughing at her. "Oi, that's rude Megu-chan. I was just being kind and seeing if you were ready for Saturday practice and this is the thanks I get." Asuna retorted in a fake angry manner. "Keep it up and I'll start singing that one part from Chum Drum Bedrum by Vitas."

"Please no. I like what little sanity I still have." I stressed. "Uh, what's happening?" Kageyama interjected.

Both Asuna and I abruptly turned our attention behind me, where Kageyama was currently standing plerplexed. "Sorry, I don't believe we've meet. My name is Riku Asuna. I'm Oshiro-chan's best friend." Asuna greeted and bowed once she realized there was someone she didn't know behind me.

"Kageyama Tobio." He responded then bowed. "Kageyama. As in the Kageyama from the volleyball team?" Asuna blurted looking at me. I shook my head at her dumbfounded by her obliviousness. "Noooo, you're thinking of a different Kageyama. It's not like were in the gymnasium where the boy's volleyball team practices or anything." I taunted.

"So, yes the Kageyama from the boys volleyball team... got it." Asuna replied nodding. Why is it important that I'm from the volleyball team?

Asuna and I laughed at each other before agreeing we needed to head to practice. "Bye Kageyama-kun. Have a good practice." I said to him smiling and waving goodbye. He nodded and seemed to be in a daze again.

Asuna ran outside yelling, "Last one to practice buys the Gari Gari Kun popsicles." I turned and raced out of the gym shouting, "That's dirty Asuna-chan. You took a head start."

Why does it hurt every time you leave Oshiro?