What Are Best Friends For?

A/N: I did my best to make a longer one for you guys this time. Also, I asked my best friend to design Riku Asuna's house and the picture above is what she came up with. Hope you guys enjoy!

===

Oshiro's POV

"I can't believe it took the three of us almost two hours to reorganize everything," Asuna whined. I walked beside her as I gazed up at the starless night sky. "At least it's done. Although, I thought for sure Tachibana was going to fall asleep on the bass drum." Asuna laughed, "That boy's love of sleep is unreal."

Asuna's house finally came into view. She broke into a run without warning, beating me to the door then opening it. "Ha I win! That's 237 wins for me and only 233 for you," Asuna proudly stated as she walked in.

I followed closely, closing the door behind me, "I have 235 for your information." We both slipped off our shoes before stepping into her bright living room. We heard noise coming from the kitchen, so we walked through the doorway to see who was making the ruckus. "Hey okaa-san I'm home, oh and Megu-chan tagged along." Asuna told her mom, who stood in front of the stove.

Asuna's mom looked up from her pot of food, turning her head to us. Her expression sent a chill down my spine. "Where have you been Asuna? It's late. I was texting and calling both of you and neither of you were responding!" We simultaneously pulled out our phones, her's on silent and mine dead. "Sorry okaa-san, I forgot to take my phone off silent after school." Asuna said as she scratched the back of her head. I avoided eye contact, "Sorry, Riku-san I forgot to charge my phone last night so it died."

She heaved a big, exasperated sigh, "At least you guys are safe. Alright go up to Asuna's room, while I finish cooking dinner." She turned back to her pots on the stove, stirring them. Asuna and I looked at each other and began to slowly back out of kitchen. Once we were in the hallway we turned and ran up the stairs to Asuna's bedroom.

Her big room was painted a pretty shade of light blue, like the sky. I was always tempted to tell her she should paint clouds in random shapes, such as animals and fire hydrants, on her ceiling. She also had beautiful pictures and paintings of various horses lining her walls. Tired from the day, I dropped my bag by her desk and flopped down on her queen sized bed.

All of Asuna's bedding was light green, except for one black miniature dachshund pillow. She wanted a real miniature dachshund desperately, but her family didn't have the money. Along with a light green bed, she had a light green bean bag chair that we took turns using for reading or gaming. Asuna set her bag on her messy desk and flopped down next to me, both of us still trying to figure out how we evaded punishment from her mom.

A few minutes passed before either of us spoke. "So, are you going to tell me what happened at volleyball practice today?" Asuna asked, breaking the silence. Her voice began to grow louder and her words faster. "Is one of the players really your soulmate, come on spill!" "Calm down Asuna-chan, you will get your information one way or another." "What's that supposed to mean? Just tell me which one he is. You've already told me about all of them," she groaned frustrated.

I smiled at her, "You have to guess. You get the same rules I gave to Tsukki, three questions and one guess to figure out who my soulmate is. Except you-." "What! Megu-chan I'm your best friend why won't you just tell me his name?" Asuna wailed, interrupting me.

I glared at her, "You are not allowed to ask any questions or say anything about what I tell you around the volleyball guys. I'll even be nice and answer your questions more directly than I am planning to answer the guys. As for why, simply because I want to annoy you." I grinned at her and she stuck her tongue out at me.