Predicaments

AN: Hey guys. I've been having some health problems lately, so I haven't had a lot of time to work on this. I hope everyone is doing well.

==========

Laid flat on my back on the cold hard floor of a hallway with Kageyama hovering inches over me was not how I imagined this day going...

The series of events leading up to my current predicament raced through my mind.

===

Karasuno destroyed Tokonami in two sets. I would have liked to enjoy the game and take more notes, but some screaming fangirls with tons of questions quickly shattered that fantasy.

As soon as the final whistle blew, I slung by bag over my shoulders and rushed down the stairs away from the obnoxious girls. Hinata and Noya ran towards me, both yelling for a double high-five. They were so excited, they simultaneously attempted to hit my raised hands and collided with each other, nearly toppling onto me.

Kageyama suddenly appeared behind them and grabbed their jerseys, stopping their fall.

Wait, no. He had always been behind them. How could I have missed it...him? The slight pull in his direction, which lasted until my eyes landed on him.

"What kind of stupidity was that?" Kageyama said as he released their shirts and the duo rubbed their injured side's. "Are you trying to crush her?" The three volleyball players in front of me began arguing. Hinata and Kageyama seemed close to throwing fists.

"It's-it's okay. Why don't we try again?" I interjected, laughing nervously. They paused and stared at me for moment before glancing at each other and nodding. Noya cheerfully took the first, then Hinata. "You too, Kageyama-kun." He looked directly at me, his expression contorting in confused as he stared at my raised hands.

"She's trying to give you a double high-five idiot," Hinata explained. "A what? Wait, what did you just call me, dumbass!" Kageyama said growing angry. "It's a regular high-five but with both hands. Duh." Hinata responded as he ducked away from Kageyama's outstretched hand."Have you never done one of these before?" I questioned Kageyama, loosely crossing my arms. He feigned anger as he tried to hide his embarrassment about the current situation.

He said he just wasn't paying attention when I originally gave Noya and Hinata one, forcing Hinata and I to demonstrate one again. It made no sense to me. I knew he had been watching us, so what exactly had this boy been staring at.

Now fully understanding what I was asking for, Kageyama reluctantly raised his hands to match mine. Hinata, who was being chased around by Noya for some reason, tripped at the most inopportune time. Hinata managed to hit the back of Kageyama's knee as the rest his body collided with Kageyama's back. Hinata successfully caught himself in time to remain upright, however Kageyama and I weren't so lucky.

Both actions knocked Kageyama towards me. There wasn't enough space between us for him to stop his momentum. He crashed into me and we slammed onto the ground. My backpack sort of broke my fall, but the items inside dug into my back. Pain surged through my body from the impact and my eyes closed in reaction. There was a surprising lack of weight on me. My breath hitched when I opened my eyes to find Kageyama's face mere inches from my own. He had managed to catch himself at the last second as not to crush me. Shock was clearly conveyed as his navy blue eyes stared into mine. Every breath he expelled hit my lips. Both of our faces began to slowly redden.

The sound of fleeing footsteps and a yelling Hinata and Noya reached my ears, but I couldn't comprehend anything beyond the man hovering over me.