The Calm Before the Storm

After that event, practice went by normally. Kageyama was forced into a group with Asahi and Noya, but something seemed to be distracting him. This didn't help my usual struggle of keeping my eyes off him. In all honesty, I'm surprised more people haven't noticed.

There was twenty minutes of scheduled practice left when Coach Ukai walked over to Shimizu and me."Oshiro, I heard you have a bet going with Tsukishima." "Huh...Yes, sir" I immediately replied. "May I ask why you bring it up?"

"I heard the players discussing it during warm-ups. What's it over?" He asked, now standing in front of me. "Ehe... Tsukki got on my nerves and I kind of revealed that my soulmate is on the team, so now there is $50 riding on whether or not he guesses who that is within my given conditions," I answered sheepishly.

Coach Ukai began to laugh loudly, "I'm so glad I found out about this. It's going to be so entertaining. I can already tell you plan on torturing the guys through this." "Well I can't make it easy for them," I muttered. "I can't wait to see how this plays out, just don't distract my players to much," He stated.

I sighed, "Yes, sir." "Out of curiosity, what were your conditions,'" he asked crossing his arms. "Oh...those," I said rubbing my neck. "Tsukki gets three questions and one guess to figure it out and the team can help him because I thought it would be more amusing."

"Only three questions? That's pretty harsh," he smirked. "No no- he can ask as many questions as he needs until I choose to answer three of them," I responded shaking my hands in front of me. "Well then they better get started," he said enthusiastically. "Eh, what?" I felt my heart stop at his words.

"Everyone gather round, I want to hear what stupid questions you can come up for Oshiro," Coach shouted at the team. I wished running away was an option as I felt the stares of the team on me. 

At some point the team had taken a seat in front of us, including Hinata who had moved from his spot on the bench to join them. I had yet to notice because I was still staring at Coach Ukai in disbelief. All he did was smile at me as Shimizu pulled me to the bench. 

I didn't want to turn to face the team. I wished I had never accepted this bet. It's not that I didn't want Kageyama to know, I just wanted learned more about him before telling him. I mentally cursed at my stupidity for getting myself into a situation where he could find out before I had the nerve to tell him.

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily as I sat down on the bench, looking at the twelve players before me.

"Okay, I'm ready, have at it," was all I said before the onslaught started.