Bet Talks

"What did you need to drag me away for?" Iwaizumi asked once we were far away from Oikawa and Kageyama. I rubbed my lower back a few times before shifting my bag in front of me, so I could access its pockets.

With some difficultly I eventually managed to pull my wallet out of the pocket and shove a twenty dollar bill into Iwaizumi's chest. He looked perplexed by my actions.

I put everything back in the pockets and moved my bag back onto my shoulders. "You, uh, you won the bet," I muttered as I cast my eyes down. There was no movement or sound from Iwaizumi for probably another thirty seconds.

His hands roughly grabbed my shoulders and I jerked my head up to meet his astonished, widened eyes. "You meet your soulmate?" He almost whispered. I gave him a small smile and nodded several times. Iwaizumi and I made a bet concerning both our soulmates' back in middle school. I bet twenty dollars neither of us would find our soulmate in high school, Iwaizumi bet twenty dollars we would.

"But I thought you didn't want to meet your soulmate because of all the issues with your family, has that changed?" His voice was full of concern. Guilt instantly washed over me.

"No, that hasn't technically changed. It's just... I've meet him now and I don't know what to do. I honestly feel he deserves better." I confessed. "I don't  think he could find better. You guys are technically made for each other, " Iwaizumi joked. "The only thing you can do is be honest with him and TELL HIM YOU'RE SOULMATES because I know you and you haven't."

I cringed at him words, "Okay, okay."

He ruffled my hair before pausing to think. "Are you doing the music festival this year?" He suddenly asked. "What music festival?" My mind was shuffling through various required band performances and a music festival was not one of them.

"The one we met at you idiot." He groaned as he shook his head. "Oh, no sadly. Are you?"

"I wish. I haven't been able to really keep up with my music since I've been so devoted to volleyball. No wonder the Saxophone tattoo belongs to my soulmate," he said somewhat sad.

"You were horrible at the Saxophone. It was so bad children cried," I  joked. Iwaizumi made a noise of protest and lightly hit my arm. I only laughed at him in response.

"I was lucky enough to be invited all three year of middle school. It really helped me improve my musical ability. It also showed me that the music note tattoo is mine, instead of the volleyball one." I said as I looked at my arm and ran my fingers over my soulmark cover, "You went your third year of middle school and first year of high school, right?"

I raised my head to catch his reply. Iwaizumi nodded and glanced at his phone before looking back up, "Yeah, it was fun. Not as much fun as volleyball though. On the bright side, I'll have some knowledge about my soulmate's favorite thing. Plus, meeting you was cool."

"Sorry, I actually have to run. My game starts soon. It was good to catch up." He began jogging towards the same gym my team played their last game, "When you finally tell the lucky guy, you better call me."

===

"I really want food. I wonder where Shimizu is, maybe she'll eat with me," I mumbled to myself. I wandered the halls in search of her, but only happened to find Tsukishima. 

"I've been looking for you. We need to talk," he said exasperated. "Food is more important than anything you have to say." I retorted, trying to walk past. He stepped in front of me, his eyebrows furrowed and he was frowning. His intense glare caused me to take a step back and swallow thickly.

Now having my undivided attention he began speaking, "Kageyama is your soulmate. I know your soulmarks match."

His words had the same effect of someone dumping ice water on my entire body. I was stuck in place, fear coursing through me. "I'm not giving you your money back. It was a one and done," I stated panicked. He blinked a few times at me, obviously not expecting that reaction.

I took a deep breath, "How did you figure it out?" "Did you already forget you showed me your volleyball tattoo when you were proving that Yamaguchi wasn't your soulmate?" He asked disbelieving. "Oh yeah, I did do that didn't I. But how did you already figure it out, there were ten players to check and you were suppose to be warming up!" I said perturbed.

Tsukishima pushed his glasses up and put his hand on his hip, "Will you shut up long enough for me to explain this time?" I nodded my head and fidgeted with my finger quietly.

"Okay," he sighed. "The spiking portion of  warm-ups had begun. It was Kageyama's turn to set for everyone. Tanaka went first, then Daichi and Asahi went. It was Hinata's turn when I figured it out," he paused for moment, expecting me to interrupt him, but I remained silent. 

"I was waiting in line with Narita and Kinoshita behind me. Hinata starting running and Kageyama raised his arms to set the ball. I had been occasionally looking at the other guys tattoos to see if I could figure out who it actually was. Kageyama's soulmarks were in clear view while he was setting, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to pay attention to them," he said his glare suddenly becoming harsher.

"His volleyball tattoo matches yours. I looked at it again when it was my turn to confirm it," he said agitated. His gaze returned to normal and he studied me for a second. "I understand why you didn't tell us sooner that your soulmate is one the team, you must be really disappointed," he sneered.

"That's not it at all!" I defended. "I still can't believe Hinata was right," he complained, ignoring me. "I feel I should let you know Yamaguchi, Dachi, and Suga also figured out Kageyama is your soulmate. They overheard me talking about Hinata being right."

"Ugggggg, you have got to be kidding me." I groaned as I covered my face with my hands. "We're not going to tell him. He deserves to find out on his own. He deserves to have you TELL him."

I flinched at his words, "I know. I will eventually and thank you."