Chapter 1

"Oh no" Marinette said as she speeds down the sidewalk. She looks at her phone, realizing how much time she has until school starts. "Late again.."

She begins to speed up her pace, being careful not to bump into anyone on the sidewalk.

As she reaches the stairs to the front of the school building she is stopped by a familiar girl wearing a flannel top.

Alya, with her hands on her sides, looks at Marinette with a smirk on her face. Marinette just stares at Alya in confusion.

"Alya..why are you making that face?" She says in the most confused tone. She clutches the strap to her backpack, bracing herself for what Alya might say.

Placing her hands on Marinette's shoulders she says, "well..today is the day you", she raises her eyebrows, "tell Adrien how you feel, girl!"

Marinette's heart begins to beat faster as she remembers promising her best friend that she'd tell Adrien. And now..well..she regrets promising that.

She lets out a nervous chuckle as she says, "oh yeah...right..."

"You'll be alright, girl!" Alya says in a reassuring voice, "just do it!"
She grabs Marinette's hand and they both start to walk to class, with a nervous Marinette.

In class...

Sitting still in her seat, Marinette tries to calm down and clear her mind, trying to forget about what she will tell Adrien soon. But, as her mind is about clear of the thought, Adrien walks through the classroom door and sits next to Nino.

At this point her mind is going insane. She wasn't ready. She wasn't ready at all! How was she going to tell Adrien, the handsome and sweet Adrien Agreste, her feelings for him?

'It's okay Marinette'  she thought.

'you'll be alright...just try to keep your mind off of him'

"Marinette?"

'For now just listen to Ms. Bustier'

"Marinette" Ms. Bustier called out. Marinette then pulled her head into reality and focused her attention on Ms. Bustier.

"Yes, miss?" She said in a shaky voice, knowing that her name was probably said multiple times.

"So, what do you think?" Ms. Bustier asked, "were you even paying attention Marinette?"

"N-no..sorry miss" she said. She sat up straight in her seat, showing Ms. Bustier that she will listen.

"What did you ask me..?"

"Do you know when the French Revolution began?" Ms. Bustier asked as she pointed to the question.

"Yes..umm 1789..?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. That's correct" Ms. Bustier said, "Now, Marinette, pay attention. Alright? I don't want you to miss anything important"

Marinette nodded her head as Ms. Bustier went back to teaching the lesson to the class.

After school...

"Okay girl!" Alya whispered, "are you ready?~" she said in a sing-song way. She placed her hands on Marinette's shoulders, shaking her once.

All of her thoughts came back into view, thinking about Adrien and what she will say to him. She stood in front of Alya with a blank expression on her face.

"Marinette?" Alya shook her again, "girl, are you alright?"

Marinette blinked a couple times, bringing herself out of her thoughts  saying, "y-yeah..yeah I'm fine".