Chapters Twelve: Talk Gala To Me

"What do you think they're talking about today?" Asked Ruby.

   "Well," began Discordia. "From what I can hear it sounded bad at first. Then it was happy concern and- my dad made an intense Pinkie Promise!"

    "Sounds like we're in for a treat!" Said Sugar Cube.

   The doors of the room that the mane right were in opened. It was three floors above the meeting area and on the opposite side of the castle, in order to keep Discordia from snooping again.

    "Great news!" Twilight smiled at them. "You all are going to the gala!"

    The right of them jumped up and down in excitement.

    "Just be sure to keep out of trouble." Added Discord.

   Fluttershy glared at him.

   "It's not cheating." He whispered to her. "What? Do you want her to get in trouble just because it will prove that you're right? Or do you just love her craziness like you live mine?"

   She smirked at him. "A little bit of both."

    "Don't worry about me!" Discordia assured them with a smirk. "I won't get into any trouble. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

    "Look at who's winning now." Discord smirked at Fluttershy.

    "Like father like daughter." Pinkie said under her breath while writing Discordia's promise.

    "Well, if one of you goes down so does the other." Fluttershy said to her
husband.

   "I have plans for our outfits already!" Ruby pulled them out of her pocket.

    "Why do you-" Crystal Shy was cut off.

    "Every year I make dress designs for us. And yes, I do carry them on me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   It had been a week and Ruby was already finished with her forth outfit.

    Sugar Cube walked in to check on Ruby. "How is it going?"

    "Great! I have your outfit done along with Rainy, Cheesecake, and mine."

    "Who has this dress?" Sugar Cube pointed at a purple colored velvet dress with a silky cream colored inside.

    "You! Try it on." Ruby gave Sugar Cube the dress.

   Sugar Cube slipped the dress on and looked in the mirror. The purple matched the color of her braid and the creamy colored inside looked majestic.

    "Wow!" Ruby looked amazed at her work.

    "I- I love it. I usually don't like dresses very much but- this is amazing!"

    "I hope Discordia's looks this good."

   "What's wrong with hers?"

   "I don't know how well it's going to be. I'm just going to hope and pray for the best."

    "It will look amazing." Sugar Cube smiled at Ruby.

    Ruby blushed. "You always say things like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Here are the outfits!" Ruby opened a curtain to show her friends her hard work.

   Sugar Cube stood next to Ruby and smiled at their happy faces. She leaned over to Ruby and whispered, "I told you Discordia's dress would be fine."

    "Thank you for that." Ruby smiled.

    Discordia snapped her fingers so the dress would be on her. "I love it!"

    "This suit gets me!" Cheesecake was gawking at himself in a mirror.

    "And this one gets me!" Thunder was posing in a different mirror.

    All of them loved their dresses and begged Ruby to make new ones next year.