Chapter Fourteen: To Catch deception

It had been a month since the gala and Sugar Cube and Ruby haven't spoken to each other since. Meanwhile, Discord was getting ready to leave Ponyville to help catch a creature for Celestia.

"Have a safe trip!" Fluttershy hugged her husband before he left.

"How come you've been asked to catch creatures for Celestia at least a million times this month?" Asked Discordia.

"Strange things are going on in Equestria lately! I'm just trying to help." He smiled at his family and said, "Goodbye! I love you!"

They shouted, "I love you too!" Back at him.

"Well, I'm off to the market for some more food. Goodbye girls!" Fluttershy left them alone.

"Now what?" Asked Discordia.

"We wait for them to come back." Crystal Shy walked away to make dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugar Cube sat alone in her room looking more depressed than ever when, all of the sudden, she heard her window open.

"Hey Sugar Cube!" Sugar Cube recognized the voice but couldn't quite put a face to it until-

"Ruby!" She was barely whispering, but she was still whispering.

"Shh! I had to see you again. I miss you so much!" Ruby walked over and sat next to her.

"But- we aren't supposed to be with each other. Especially alone."

"I don't care. You're Juliet and I'm Romeo minus the death. We are meant to be together forever! I know it!"

"Ruby?"

"Yes?"

"Is it weird if I say- I- I love you!"

Ruby blushed. She grabbed Sugar Cube's face and kissed her. They stayed like that for a minute before stopping to stare into each other's eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, that should be everything I need!" Fluttershy began to walk home when she heard Celestia giggling from behind the spa, where there are no windows. She peeked around the corner full of sheer curiosity.

"You really are the funniest creature in all of Equestria!" Celestia was talking to someone but Fluttershy couldn't quite see who it was.

"Thank you." That voice. It was all too familiar to Fluttershy. She looked over hoping she was wrong. Her thoughts, her concerns, they all came true. Celestia was flirting with Discord. Why him and Celestia? It doesn't make any sense. But neither did Discord.

"You're too cute right now! I can't wait till we're in private." She smirked at him.

"We're behind a spa with no windows on this side of it. We can kiss here if you-" Discord was cut off by Celestia kissing him passionately.

Fluttershy felt tears roll down her face but she couldn't move.

"Wow!" Exclaimed Discord. "You're a way better kisser than Fluttershy. And much more beautiful!

"When are you going to leave her?"

"I'm not sure. I need something to make it seem like I haven't been cheating on her."