Chapter nineteen: Catch and Release

"Dapper?" Ruby saw her younger brother in a green cocoon.

     "Blueberry and Cherry are in there!" Cheesecake sighed.

    "And Cloudy. And Sparky Ash." Rainy's eyes were glued on her family.

    Star pulled them into a huddle. "We have to stick to the plan. As a refresher; Cheesecake, pretend to be a changling and throw a success party. You have your excuse for looking like you. If and when things go wrong, Ruby and Sugar Cube, start being all lovey. Rainy and Thunder will destroy the throne. Harmony, Discordia, Lunar and I will be backup if we need to but will be careful. We will put our magic together and set everyone free along with capturing the changlings."

    "What about me?" Asked Crystal Shy.

    "She can join magic with us." Suggested Discordia.

     "Yes, she brought us all here by herself but she was struggling for the longest time." Star whispered to Discordia.

     "Just trust her."

     Star rolled her eyes. "Fine. Crystal Shy, stay back with us."

    "Yay." Crystal Shy smiled.

    Right before Cheesecake went in with the changlings, Discordia was hoping for another crack in the throne so she could make him look like the changlings. The throne cracked just in time for her to cast the spell.

    "Sweet." Cheesecake whispered to himself. "Hello fellow changlings! Because we have been so successful with these captures, I think we should have a little victory party! We did capture most of the princesses."

     "Hmm. Good idea!" Said the head changling. All of the other changlings began to party.

    "So gullible." Rainy said to her brother quietly.

     The two of them began to sneak behind the throne when a changling started to become suspicious and attempted to turn his head around. Cheesecake noticed and walked over to give him a piece of cake. Yes, he made cake before they left. Thunder and Rainy successfully got to the throne. There were two guards still in front of the throne.

     "We have one shot." Whispered Thunder.

    Rainy shook her head and they both flew back and flew at full force into the throne and shattered it into pieces.

     Discordia, Crystal Shy, Harmony, Star, and Lunar stood up and mixed their magic together.

    Crystal Shy was struggling to use any magic. Discordia realized and gave her more magic and more control over it, temporarily of course.

    The magic broke all of the cocoons open. The princesses there, including Luna and Celestia, stood against the changlings.

     "You did it!" Star went crazy raving about Crystal Shy's magic.

     "Oh, thank you so much." She blushed.

    Discordia smiled at her but felt a little guilty since it wasn't Crystal Shy's magic. It was her magic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Thorax had flown over as quick as he could so he could arrest the rouge changlings and bring them to Tartarus.

    "You ten have shown strength, bravery, and smarts." Gushed Cadence. "You deserve awards for your help."

   "My mom helped make our plan." Said Star.

    Cadence smiled. "That doesn't matter. You were brave enough to go through with it."

For the one or two of you currently caught up... You're the only reason I'm uploading this now ❤️❤️❤️
-Softy Turtle 🐢