Chapter 44

8.3k+ thank you so much!!)

Holding Out For a Hero - Bonnie Tyler)

Also, since there are 21 students in the class (you included), there will be trios of three that make seven matches in total. Just to clear things up!)

Here's a shorter chapter before the long ass one I'm about to write)

All of you changed into your costumes, (Yours was finally repaired,) and head out to the field.

It was the beginning of the practical exam. You were all to be in trios and capture one of the teachers you were up against, or escape through the gate. 

You had been in a trio with Deku and Bakugou. You grimaced and gently touched your side, glancing at Deku. Deku looked back at you in worry. 

"..." you glance away and look at your hands. Soon, the first match began. You couldn't bring yourself to stay with either of the boys, so you went to the school pool which was not far off from the site of the practical. 

You jump into the pool and float, letting the water seep into your suit. You absorbed the chlorine infested water into your gauntlets, keeping it for later use. You close your eyes and allow the water to consume you as you floated.

Deku found you at the beginning of the 6th match. You, Deku and Katsuki were the last to go on in 7th. 

"H-Hey, we should start going to our field. We're in the city zone."

"Yeah, give me a little while longer. I'm letting the water soak in a bit more. Who knows, chlorine could be useful later on."

"Oh, good thinking! I'm gonna begin walking to our exam area, so don't be long!" he said as he walked away.

You worried about Katsuki and Deku getting along with each other during the battle. Katsuki was getting worse, and you knew it. You feared that his anger with Deku would make him irrational, at least more than he already was. You soon get up and begin walking to your stage, sopping wet and ready to battle. 

You were afraid, to say the least. Up against All Might? You knew that Aizawa must have paired the three of you up for a reason against the Symbol of Peace. Deku and Katsuki, well it was obvious. And you? Good friends with Deku and best friend to Katsuki since childhood. You cared about Deku and always tried to stop Katsuki from hurting him. Eventually he left him alone but would pester him every now and then. 

You pursed your lips, knowing of the way that your best friend had been feeling since the internships. He was pressed, to say the least. Deku's achievements as of late are really starting to get to him. You heard about what had happened at his internship with Best Jeanist and you knew that he wasn't exactly satisfied with it. You thought it had been good to become "groomed for society". He wasn't exactly child friendly and most would dislike his attitude. He needed a change of pace from violence, even if he didn't like it. He had to let go of his stupid pride sometimes. 

It might be the death of him. 

You all enter the exam area and the gate behind the three of you closes.

"Team Midoriya, Bakugou and (L/n). Practical exam. Ready? Go!"