CHAPTER SIX

_____________________________
Muhammad sighed, placing his large bag into the back seat of his car, with a happy feeling of leaving work for a while. Zarah too came rushing, her own bag strapped on her back, with the small veil she is to wear on her left hand and the heels on the right.

Muhammad had been threatening to leave her behind with his numerous calls, even though, he is just a few feet from her room. Placing in her bag too, she gave him an eye roll and walked to sit in the passenger sit.

"Where are you going with those long heels, go and take the flats I bought you last Eid," he suggested with a stern face. The girl just dresses the way she likes and Muhammad even went on to buy her abayas and flats just to avoid this. But she never changes and Mama rarely complains. The woman is too soft to even reprimand her, it's all up to him.

"Haba Ya Turaad, why can't I wear heels? I'm even wearing this baggy Abaya and now with flats, it would even look bad," she argued, bending to place in the straps.

Muhammad gave her his signature glares. "Then I'm going nowhere with you, you know how Ammi is, and your uncles,"She pouted angrily but nevertheless went back in to take the flats.

The drive to yamma seemed to be a quiet one. With him mostly concentrated on the road and her pressing her phone, occasionally taking selfies of herself and her brother's. She just wished Ruwaida had a phone and she'll have bombarded it with lots and lots of pictures and short videos of her brother.

It will be quite fun when the two finally come to be civil with each other. She seems to have noticed how he'll tell the driver to not bother and he leaving his work to come pick her up, or deliver something he wanted just so he could see Ruwaida. It wasn't that hard to place the puzzle, and well, it's the best decision he could ever make in his life.

"Have you talked to her," She suddenly asked making him to briefly look at her before turning away.

"Yes I did,"

She feigned a surprised look, placing her phone on her lap. "Are you lying to me Ya Turaad,"

"Of course I'm! What do you expect me to tell her hmm? That I like her and InshaAllah willing to marry her," he snapped sarcastically.

"So? What's the big deal,"

He sighed, taking the left turn of the road. "You're not understanding this, she literarily knows me, and the same with me,"

"Okay, that's not a problem ya, if you talk you'll get to know each other, simple as that," she argued back. He didn't know what to say anymore so he kept mum. This conversation isn't supposed to be discussed at all!

"You know she's a nice girl yeah,"

"Pfft, I know,"

She also likes Ruwaida, her simplicity and calm aura drew her attention since day one. Oh! how funny she looks when she squirms trying to centralize on things she doesn't know about, and wants to find out badly. Zarah smiled at the memory of their first meeting.

How Ruwaida kept Juggling with the mouse amused her at first, but then, came to understand how incapable she was with the desktop. Zarah didn't find it off tho, as she knew must people being acquainted to laptops and mini pads. So, she hesitatingly helped out. She could vividly recall the satisfied grin Ruwaida had all through the examination. It made her feel as if she'd done a very good deed, which she'd clearly done, with little realization.

"We're here," Muhammad announced, swiveling the car into the large parking lot, with a shake of his other hand at the guard that wouldn't stop greeting them. Zarah vastly adjusted her black veil over her head before opening the door. She knows how Inna Mati acts. She'll probably be sitting on that old mat and lecture her till sunset.

They both went to the boot and unloaded their bags, smiling contently at the guards that picked the bags, leading the way into the big house. The house had all it walls painted and decorated in different bright colors, with much paintings of horses and on the front large gate "Gidan Sarkin Yamma" boldly written in black ink, which probably goes back to the olden days.

They headed into the largest of the three bungalows, saying their Taslims while taking off their shoes by the door. One thing that Zarah enjoyed most about visiting Yamma is always the bakhoor scent that enveloped the atmosphere, merged with the serene coldness of the AC.

"A'ah Maraba!! please come inside," came Talatu's voice as usual, sweeping the living room but then paused to welcome the 'yan burni as she call them. The last time she saw them will probably be the beginning of the year.

"Oyoyooo Aunty Talatu!," Zarah screeched with much enthusiasm. Muhammad only exchanged a few greeting and the usual teasings before settling in. Their luggage's already put In their rooms.

"Manyan gari, harkun iso? how are you both," They both rose to greet Hajiya, while Zarah gave her a side hug.

Since Muhammad's mother had successfully chased them and made them come to their Grandmother, Muhammad knew that there's more to her just asking them to come.

And he thought right. Because right after they'd all prayed Esha, Hajiya did not stop ranting on and on about Muhammad's inability to get married. Using the throne as an excuse for her love to see grandchildren from her only male son. She even threatened him with one of His cousins, and it did work.

Leaving him with only  one option...

Love_
Silentwriter ☕️