CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

________________________________
Who can beat the record and comment on each paragraph?! ⚠️
______________________________

Muhammad stepped out of the living room and watched as Ruwaida gently squat to adjust the chains of her shoe. And when she did, they both looked up, seeing Maman Magaji behind them holding a shopping bag. "You can't leave Turaad without taking this, it's my own wedding gift to you since I wasn't able to attend the wedding," Ruwaida smiled bashfully, adjusted her veil and then, bowed down her head.

After spending so many days and practicing unvarying routine, Muhammad decided they visited his family that stayed in the state with them, and Ruwaida welcomed the idea. She also needed to leave the house and that seemed like a lovely recourse.

Well! Until they visited his mother's sister, who had unfiltered mouthed children that had said all sort of things, making Ruwaida loose all the confidence that took Muhammad five good days to build in her. He made her take her drugs and didn't acknowledge them as Mama did, it seemed like she'd Malaria, and he was trying to help her get better.

She didn't know she'll feel a pile of anger, a mountain of self pity and at the same time a hip of awkwardness by just meeting his family. She in her wild imaginations expected them all to be nice to her, but alas, things didn't go as planned.

"Haba Maman Magaji, you don't have to, we are most grateful for all the lovely dishes," Muhammad beamed as she again pushed the bags to him, glaring playfully.

"Bana son haka, karbi, Ruwaida May Allah bless you kinji? Just always be patient and when ever this stubborn human here disturbs you, report to me and I'll most definitely deal with him," Muhammad laughed as he gave his grand aunt a shake of his head. She'll surely do as she says. She's and had always been a woman of her words.

"Okay," Ruwaida answered and helped Turaad with the bags. Of all the people Muhammad had decided to take her to, she loved this certain place. Maman Magaji's house! She through their thirty minutes of stay being nice, complementing Ruwaida and urging her to eat, teasing them like she isn't an elderly and supposed to only scold them.

"Maman Magaji this isn't fair, you only met her today and you're already disowning me," That made Ruwaida laugh, and soon Maman Magaji joined her, clapping her hands amusingly.

"Yes I'm already disowning you, do you have a problem with that," she laughed again as he tried to frown.

"Toh Maman Magaji, we'll be leaving now, my regards to Fatima and Nadiah, it's sad that they're not here,"

"Alright, there's no problem, the moment they're back, I'll send Saadu with them InshaAllah," They bid Maman Magaji farewell as they walked back into the car, ready to go home when suddenly, his phone rang. He almost had forgotten about his phone because suddenly, he rarely get calls from the hospital, and thankfully, his only social media is WhatsApp, which he also rarely uses.

Getting two weeks off from work seemed like all he needed for him to get better and pull off every string of stress embedded in his system. And not to forget the dish he was blessed with two days ago. His life's goin great!

It was a Sunday morning after his workout when he came home to a nicely set table, a bakhoor scenting abode, and most especially, all his clothes arranged back in order. He didn't want to believe Mama had gotten them a maid already, seeing that after she discovered of Ruwaida's leukemia, she'd been treating her like some fragile Turkish vase. But nevertheless, he sat and waited a few minutes until Ruwaida arrived.

The moment he tasted the dish, he knew something is amiss. And he didn't hesitate before asking her of where she got it. She looked worried as she replied him, scared that he might rebuke her, just like her mother does when she looks after the chores. And it really pains her a lot, it pains because she also wants to live like any normal newly wed would, even tho at times it proves futile, she's till willing to try.

And when she said 'I did' she closed her eyes and looked down, waiting for him to strike. But he didn't...

How could he when he'd never tasted anything better? He Immediately wiped his mouth with a tissue and took Ruwaida's hands. She didn't ask but watch in utter disbelief as they walked out of the house, and then stopped by his car. He opened the door for her and did the same.

He stopped nowhere else other than the most known grocery store which had all quality packaged foodstuffs, and the best aromatic spices. He picked all sorts, paid for them all before they went back home. It seemed a little selfish that he pleaded her to always cook for them, unknown to him, that had made Ruwaida's heart swell, feeling the joy of being appreciated. And she instantly agreed, but still felt bad since Mama had asked her not to do anything.

"Oh! How unlucky of you, we'll be back soon then, why not visit Mama?...Alright see you!," Ruwaida charily turned and looked at Muhammad before she hastily looked away, not expecting them to unconsciously glance at each other at the same time. He placed back the phone into his car compartment, before looking over at Ruwaida. "That was Abdullah, they're at our house, but unfortunately we have one more place to be,"

"Where's that?," she slightly raised her head, hoping it isn't another of his family's house; if that, she sure will loose her knots. But in her mercy, it wasn't. But to her, it turned out to be even worse, the phone store!

He'd asked her ones if she could send him the list of things she might need just two days after the wedding and she'd stood by the bed, fidgeting with her petite fingers and unable to answer him.

And he with an amused smile, watched her while his laptop laid on his lap. He couldn't help the smile tho, she looked as if she'd wronged him and was unable to apologize. And since then, he decided that he needed to get her one, because of course! He found out she'd non. And that didn't happen until now that he decided they go together.

"Er...are we going in," She watched as he strapped off his belt and reached for the door of the car.

"Yes come on, you too," she smiled as he opened her door too, like the gentle man he'd always been. She wondered if he does the same for every other person, like a casual gesture? and in that she felt something...her thoughts had sure spiked something in her, which she decided best not to ponder over.

As she silently watched him converse with the shop owner, she could say that they must have known each other before then, and most especially because the moment the shop owner had sited them, his smile had grown a ten folds. One thing she noticed in connection with Dr M is his smooth relationship with the people around him, and she likes that most about him, she wouldn't even argue.

"I'm sure she'll like it, Doctor, just ask her," Knowing they're referring to her, Ruwaida moved her eyes to the set of phones that were arranged on the counter, one specific held in Muhammad's hand. She didn't actually like them all, not because they weren't flashy and eye taking, but because they smelled liked some boxes she wouldn't want to know. She can't have him spending money on things that are mostly high in their negative impacts.

"Do you like this one Ruwaida," she peeked at the box of the phone, instantly recognizing the phone to be something like Zarah's. And when Muhammad noticed her indecisive response, he made Abubakar pack the phone for them. And handed over his credit card.

"But, I...I'm not sure I can use this," Muhammad laughed and ignited the car, loving how her eyes kept roaming over the phone after getting it programmed, and now that he handed it over to her, that sparkle in her eyes were right back.

"How hard would it be to teach my wife how to use  her Phone hm? I'm looking forward to that," She ducked down her head and smiled, hoping her fair skin hadn't given her away.

Love_
SilentWriter 🦋