CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Muhammad stood by the door of his room with a bright smile, a little awkwardly in the still lingering of her berry perfume, while he stared across the bed at Ruwaida as she laid, curled up like a ball under his blue duvet, her hands crooked round her iPhone 11. His head imagined a million and one ways to wake her up, but he knew not one of them could he attempt. He wouldn't even dare do any of such.

Finally felt at ease after searching the whole house to find her, he timidly made his way into the room so not to wake her, it was just a little past 8 in the morning when he returned, and it could only be around 10 minutes more by then. And looking at how peaceful she seemed, even he wouldn't like to disrupt her slumber.

But as he slowly knelt to take off his shoes, he heard her sneeze and he was fast to look up. He watched as she stirred and turned to her right, still unconscious of her surrounding. Then she sneezed again, this time, her eyes peeled open and she grazed them as if that will make the sleeping spell that she had been cast with to disappear. And it sure helped because somehow, she saw Muhammad place his shoe on the rack and tiredly unknotting his tie, while backing her.

And she used that opportunity to glance at the time on her phone, and seeing that it was earlier than she expected, she slowly closed back her eyes so she could forge being asleep. And also if it could help her high-toned temperature, which was causing her to feel feverish.

Thinking of it, she can't explain why she decided to sleep in his room, and she inwardly caused her stars for putting her in such a tribulation. If only she'd not, then she wouldn't have to face any deride early in the morning. But knowing Muhammad, she was sure he'll definitely find amusement in whatever happened.

She turned her head to look at him, not knowing he was sitting on the other side of the bed and watching her with an intensity that made her want to jump out of the bed and rush out, but she did not, rather she smiled awkwardly then greeted him. "Ina kwana,"

"Lafiya lau, How are you?," He moved his arm up and took off the wristwatch, gently placing it on the bedside drawer.

"I'm good, how was work," Ruwaida asked,  straightening up to rest her back on the headboard.

He raised his brows dramatically and huffed. "Hectic I tell you, even with me not been around, they decided to keep loads of work on my desk, which awaited my return," if not for Abdullah that came to his office to talk, then suddenly became silent, he wouldn't have been able to finish early; Dr A helped him pretty much.

Ruwaida wanted to speak but again, she sneezed, raising her both hands to cover her nose. "Are you okay?," He stood up and walked round the bed to sit beside her. "Your eyes look dull too," He gave her a closer look before feeling her temperature. And he instantly looked worried. "Your body temperature is to a great extent out of order, have you slept with the AC on? Let me get you a cup of ginger tea," She nodded affably as he sauntered out of the room and in no time, returned with the tea.

"Precisely," Muhammad started, handing over the cup to her, then gently sat in his former position. "It would be better if we go to the hospital, anyway, you have a few examinations in two days,"

Ruwaida looked unhappy at the mention of the hospital, but she howbeit hummed in reply and took a few sips of the ginger tea. "But you just came from the hospital, let's wait until two days, I...,"

Muhammad shook his head. "Don't worry about me, your health is of most importance, finish the tea, I'll make some toasts then we leave around 12:00, okay,"

She once again nodded, plunging the tea cup under her nose. And for the next few hours, they began getting ready to leave for the hospital. She fumbled drastically to find the most suitable clothes to wear, tho, it had surprised her too much that she'd intended to get dressed, but it was only when a knock came at their door that she found out the reason. And if she hadn't, she would have regretted her actions badly.