CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Ruwaida moved from the car and slightly tightened her grip on Zarah. The way she suddenly felt chilly from within her, there's nothing she wants more than to disappear, or even better; run back to her father's house. But she didn't do any of that, she let Zarah and the rest of the women lead her down into her new home.

She was tired, but leaving the hospital was absolutely better than the stress that her family and in-laws are putting her through. First, it was another of her getting dressed, meeting his family who were able to come see her, and then having another convo of cars to take her to Zarah's house.

She placed her legs into the living room, and then paused as they all stopped to keep their bags while some had situated their shoes by the rack, just beside the wall.

All sort of praises covered the whole room as people gushed at the beauty of the place alongside showering endless prayers for hers to be of eternal benediction, while Ruwaida stared intensely at the gold embedded black tiles and unable to stop fiddling with her fingers. Zarah nudged her obscurely before she again, walked her even deeper into the house.

Her happiness knew no bounds when Mama informed her amidst their heist to leave the hospital that she'll be leaving in Muhammad's furnished apartment, before they finally settle for a bigger place. But to her, she'll love it no less if they'll stay together with Zarah and her mother. An empty house when he leaves for work isn't something she'll be a fan of.

"Zarah! You should all come down to the rooms here, hers will be that on the right, take her in," Even tho Zarah had rarely known the woman, she nodded with a mild smile and did just like she was told. She felt how Ruwaida's hold on hers tightened again, leaving her wondering why she's scared.

Zarah assumed it to be her with the only person she's ever loved; she sure wouldn't even cry when she finally gets married to him. Just at the taught, an awkward smile crept across her face, making her forget totally what she's doing at the moment. "Here! Finally, we've successfully delivered the bride," Zarah sat beside Ruwaida on the bed and looked around the room, smiling wickedly at Ruwaida's cousins that walked in, settling themselves on the rug, while some sat on the long couch.

"I'm not some Amazon package okay?," Ruwaida smirked at her own comeback. She was also surprised that she'd finally moved a step out of her comfort zone and said something daunting.

"What did you just say? My God!," Zarah turned and poked Ruwaida in a shocked way, realizing that Ruwaida had just really talked back at her. The rest of the women joined too, although they hardly heard what was said, but they had laughed nevertheless. "Oh! And I've asked Mairo to take the gift I got you into your wardrobe, I hope you will like it," Even tho her voice sounded mischievous, Ruwaida didn't find it with a question mark; she'd let it slide without any interrogations.

"Thank you Zarah, May Allah reward you I'm so grateful," Ruwaida prayed, still staring lovingly at her henna perched hands.

"Oh you should be thankful!," Zarah laughed as she stood up and took the tray of cups from Mairo, then started sharing each to the women in the room, who seemed happy to have something freeze after all the wedding stress. She sat back down on her bed and looked at Ruwaida. "You can't have anything, I'm going to starve you for taking me off guard like that, so is Ya Turaad giving you something that's making you talk? Like some doctor oriented drugs or something?," Ruwaida shook her head and smiled a little.

"Noo... and I didn't say I'm taking the juice anyway," Ruwaida murmured but now, her head up as she stared at Zarah through her veil.

"You're making me feel scared oo, are you sure you're okay? You don't seem nervous again," Zarah turned and instead of leaving the room as she wanted, she plunged at Ruwaida and hugged her closely to herself. "I'm so happy you're now my sister, could my life get any better," she released a light chuckle and stood up, seeing Ruwaida's aunt walking into the room, holding Barra protectively in her arms.

Ruwaida did all she could to scream at them not to leave her, but the overpowering force in her had told her to do otherwise. She felt how the bed dipped when Hadiza sat down, and then, slowly Barra being placed on her laps.

And as if that was all she needed to get emotional, her eyes tinged with hot tears while she hugged her little sister. She smiled with the tears smudging her made up face, making her look like the bride she's. She knew it could only get worst when she sees Abdul. Oh! How she'll miss the only two siblings she has...the only people that had stood with her through thick and thin. The only people that did not stare at her with pitiful looks even with her condition.

Muhammad crossed her mind just as she remembered the people that really stood by her. Why would he marry her? She still couldn't believe it is because he loves her...NO! How can he love her? by Allah everything about their relationship; if she could call it so, is confusing to her. At times, she thinks she's not deserving of being with him, and then unconsciously, she lets her mind wander about how life will be, now that she's RUWAIDA MUHAMMAD TURAAD.

She is bound to feelings after all!

"Ruwiada, they're here, the girls would start leaving soon," Aunty Hadiza looked up with glossy eyes as she gave Ruwaida a lump sided smile. When Ruwaida had finally stopped crying, she reached out for her hands and picked up Barra and like hex, the little girl also started crying, trying to crawl back to her elder sister. Hadiza was fast to stand up, and she rushed out of the room, just to avoid an emotional scene. She too will miss her niece so so badly.

"Okay," Her voice was a bit hoarse as she cleared her throat and let the girls hug her flimsily, before walking out, and as she expected, leaving her all alone.

"I'll be here in the morning, why am I even getting emotional," Zarah released a painful laugh as she wiped her tears. The short family moment she just saw had made her cry. "I could even shout out your name from my room," Zarah hugged her too and joined the rest in the living room, leaving an anxious and nervous Ruwaida, all by herself.

Well! It lasted for a few because soon, Muhammad marched into the room after saying his Salaam. She felt too neurotic to even answer him. All the veins in her heart had seemed to pump more blood when he peaceably sat beside her, but he also didn't say a word, just kept the polyethene he held on the rug, and then entwined his hands into each other.

They both found peace as they silently listened to each other's rhythmic breathing, non wanting to caught off its serenity. But Muhammad knew that he'd to say something, tho, his head was as blank as a white sheet.

"Hey,"

Ruwaida bit on her lower lip as she adjusted and placed down her legs from the bed. She slightly placed the veil atop her head, now, revealing her face, before she answered him. "Hey,"

"How are you feeling? I'm sure you're stressed with all the wedding hubbub yeah?," He laughed a little as he adjusted his zaman Bukar. He hoped that was how it is to strike a meaningful conversation.

"Uhm, no...I mean not really, I...," she shook her head as if that will clear all the doltish thoughts that wouldn't leave her mind. "It wasn't bad actually,"

"Alhamdulillah, I'm happy to hear that. Shall we pray then, Waida?," Tho how he'd called her name had made her intestines rapture in gratitude, she still managed to nod and then slowly walked herself into the bathroom, doing all possible to avoid looking at him.

Love_
Silentwriter 🦋