CHAPTER THIRTY

As they pulled over the parking lot of Ibrahim Yamma hospital, Ruwaida could no more think with clarity. She felt too astonished that for some few minutes that passed by, she hadn't noticed Turaad questioningly staring at her, his hands gripping the steering-wheel of the car. Something flicked in her eyes and she jolted back to reality occasionally closing her eyes to tranquilize her racing heart.

"Ruwaida, are you alright?," She wanted to shake her head in the opposite and rant to him how she's feeling about all this, but no, she opted out of such idea and only looked up, smiled at him and then nodded briefly. "Are you sure? You look worried, tell me if something is bothering you,"

Ruwaida turned away from him and made for the handle of the door."I'm fine, let's go," And she alighted from the car, gently closing the door. Muhammad too marched out, giving up on her eventually. She just made him feel as if he's forcing her to talk to him, and he really didn't like it. Unfortunately it was his fault tho, he's been miserably insistent; but that's just because he's bothered about her.

They walked silently to the Radiology lab, greeted the two female Radiologist before they awaited Dr Ali's adovocate doctor.

After their meeting with Dr Ali, Ruwaida had shown more interest in having a female doctor, rather than Dr Ali, who she felt too intimidated to even sit with, talk less of having to discuss her bone of contentions with him. So now, Ali had sent his cousin who also happens to be a professed pediatric oncologist to handle Ruwaida's medications for the few coming months as he stated.

Ruwaida reached out for the chair closest to her and sat down. She texted Zarah as she promised before looking up at Muhammad. She could see the slight change in his mood but it never occurred to her as she being the reason. A deafening silence surrounded them, with Muhammad sitting ideally,  his eyes on the floor and Ruwaida rocking her self slowly while she prayed.

Dr Zainabu arrived soon and they exchanged a few pleasantries before she'd asked if Ruwaida was ready for her chemotherapy and she looked over at Muhammad then back at Dr Zainabu, and a loud sigh escaped her lips. She couldn't pretend anymore, she'd to let it out, or she felt like it might soon choke her.

"Err...Can I talk to my Husband please-just two minutes," Muhammad's head jolted in shock as Ruwaida's words rang In his ear drums. He moved his eyes to her and she did her best to keep herself busy while searching for an answer in Zainabu's silence.

Zainabu was a dark skinned woman. Even with her small figure, one could point out her being a little in her early thirties, she's quite chubby, with her round face which emanates kindness and flexibility. Though she had not said much since her arrival, Ruwaida had already felt a strong liking towards the doctor. She seemed quite harmless and like a person who will take your secrets up till her grave.

"Oh sure my dear, I'll just get the day care bed set before you're done hmm? Take your time," she smiled at Muhammad as she walked out, leaving the room to return to its quietude;  in a similar way to before her arrival.

"Ya Turaad?," Hearing her call his name, he looked up at her and smiled, lifting up his face into a hospitable expression. "Do I have to do this," His smile suddenly disappeared and he stared intently at her, his brain devoid of ways to digest her words. "I...," she closed her mouth again with a failed attempt to speak her mind. She face palmed herself and soon, the tears followed. How was she supposed to say how she feels when she's never used to been open?

He moved from his chair to hers and stood awkwardly for a while before he gathered an unspecified amount of courage then gently raised her up by her shoulder. She didn't budge when he hugged her, she let her head gently rest on his chest while she cried. "It's okay, you don't have to be so worried hm, nothing will happen by Allah's grace, don't be scared Ruwaida," He reassured and smiled down at her.