First Day

-Excerpt from Chapter 3-

Casady, against her will, starts to slowly wake up. Out of focus, she blinks the blurriness out of her eyes so she can see clearly. As she begins to regain the ability of sight, Casady is unable to remember where she is, nothing looks familiar. After staring into oblivion, she recognizes where she is, it's her own room. Why couldn't she remember what her own room looked like, what is going on with her?

Before Casady has enough time to ponder over the thought, her head erupts with pain. Pounding faster and harder with every passing second, Casady grabs her head as if to calm it. Soon, the agonizing pounding in her head begins to make her dizzy, causing Casady to topple over her own two feet. Within minutes she passes out cold on the warm wood floor of her bedroom.

She lays there, on the soft oak floor with one arm extended out in front of her, and the other to the side. It takes about half an hour until she finally wakes up and regains consciousness. Blinking her eyes, she is bewildered that she passed out because it has never happened before. she slowly pushes herself off the ground into a standing position, the i pain in her head has completely disappeared. Looking at her watch, she realizes that she is supposed to meet Beverly in fifteen minutes! As she slides the closet door open, she wishes that she was already completely dressed for School. Beginning to feel light headed again, Casady leans back and takes a seat on her bed.

After a few minutes she opens her eyes, coming to realization that she passed out again. She shakes her head in confusion and allows for it to pass. About a minute later the light headedness and pain is gone, as if it was never there. However, when she looks up at the mirror, she sees that she is already dressed for School. How is this possible? Could it be that she got dressed before she passed out? No, it can't be, she passed out as she opened the door to her closet. She dismisses the thought and decides just to go meet Beverly, as it is, she is already late. Even on her walk to meet up with her, all she can think about is how she magically got dressed. It doesn't make any sense.

TTG

"Good morning class, and welcome to your first period! My name is Mrs. Richardson and I am your Language Arts and Journalism Teacher this year. I will be here if you need anything. Since it's your third year in high school, I am sure you all already know what supplies you need for this class. Either way, I made these packets for you all just in case. Can..." She looks down at her list of names, and chooses one at random, "Casady please come here and pass these out for me?" Mrs. Richardson finishes, waiting for Casady to show herself.

"Okay" whispers a short, shy-looking girl in the back right corner of the class. She slowly makes her way to the front of the beige classroom, grabs the packets, and begins to pass them out to all the other students. Avoiding eye contact with her classmates, she stares at the packets until there are none left to be passed out. Her best friend, Beverly, eyes Casady, as if to say, 'I'm sorry for that'.

" After you all receive your packet, you can put it away. Also, please take out a piece of paper and a pen or pencil."

After a moment of silence, everyone has their paper and pen on their desk, so Mrs. Richardson continues, "This week we are going to work on a project that I put together during summer, it is called, 'Looking For Life'. There are five parts to this project. It is designed to help both you and I to get to know yourself and the other classmates. No part of this will be homework. Everything will be done in class. The first part in this project is to write some basic information about yourself. Today we are going to begin part one. Part one contains two slides total. This Power Point will tell you everything you need to do for now. Just so you know, this is a five week project." Once she finishes talking, Mrs. Richardson takes a seat at her desk and watches as her students get busy to work.