The New Recruit

The New Recruit

'This is a warning to all who may have the twisted pleaser of reading this book, do not trust eight. Also, you must not abandon your life, act normal even though nothing of normal that exists for you. If you do not act in this manner, terrible things will befall you. You must find the secret hidden within. This key will lead you to what you search for so desperately. You must tell no one the truth of your capability, unless they already know. If they know your ability, tell them the truth so that they do not stay from your side and onto the enemies side.When it comes to you, gain control, and never loose it. Even if it means not using abilities in order to survive. And whatever you do, stay away from eight, do not use your powers then!
-Signing off, X'
-Taken from page 11 of The Ledgesnd of a Twisted Knight

TTG

"So, you were right?" Amanda asks.

"What is this place? Where am I?" Timothy interupts.

"Well, this is our head quarters and you have developed an unnatural ability literally over night. We are just like you, and here to help you understand everything." Damond says, comfortingly.

"I still don't get it."

"Well, to start, I'll give you the basic rundown. Every so often someone is chosen to have a twisted gift. Only the best of the best recieve this. It's interesting to see that the smartest people recieve it, but not the geniuses. Usually, every few to hundred years someone is chosen."

"The how are we all meeting here if we are from different times?"

"Time travel. Only us and a few others have this power. However, we can only see someone after the last visit. We can't go back before we last met them. If that makes any sense at all."

"It makes perfect sense."

"Good. Well, for some reason there has just been a spike. Casady here," Damond says pointing at Casady,"recieved this power five days ago.Now, you just recieved your gift. Each person is also given a keeper. Usually, it is our true best friend. To start, who would that be for you?"

"Well, I would say it would be my girlfriend Megan or my grandmother."

"Well, you are going to have to figure that out. We are under attack from a women named Sotonoya. She is trying to capture all of us. She is ruthless and will do anything to get to you, including taking your girlfriend and grandma, and torturing them to the extent of murder."

"Um, what the hell is this?! Is there anyeway that, I don't know, I can give it back?"

"No, we will explain more to you later, but for now you need to go home and figure out who your keeper is. Also, do not tell anyone, or act different."

"How the hell am I supposed to do that? For all I know, you are all just a bunch of frauds!"

"I can assure you that we are not."

"Prove it!" As the words leave his mouth, everyone does something. The vase filled with water fall's over and breaks. The flowers are lifted into the air. Someone else has all of the shattered glass raise up and they piece it back to gether. The water is thrown into the air and slides back into the vase, along with the flower. Finally, it is all thrown into the trash.

"Who are you people? Get me out of here and back home!" Timothy blinks and when his eyes are open again, he is at the doorstep of his appartement.

Stunned, he slides down the wall of the appartement complex and lowers his head. He sofly starts to cry as his granmother opens the door.

"Are you okay Timothy? What happened?" She asks, worredly rushing over to the assistance of Timothy.

"Nothing Gran, nothing. I'm fine."

"Did they not give a scholarship?"

"Oh no, they gave it to me alright."

"Then what is it?"

"It's just not what I expected. Not what I wanted."

"Well, if it is any different, I think you should take it, but you need to finish high school."

"I know, gran. I will, I promise."

"Okay, let's go inside and go to bed, it's late."

"Okay."

Back at the head quarters, they continue talking about what all of this means. Is it a coincidence that both Casady and Timothy developed this unnatural gift in less than a week of each other? Is there something that is going on under all of them?

"Casady, did Sotonoya say anything to you?" Isebella asks

"Not that I remember."

"Hm." Isebella says, pondering on what is going on.

After they dismiss Casady, she walks out of the room and transports herself to her house. She uses the book because, unlike Timothy, she is yet to learn to teleport to other places without it.

Casady slowly nocks on her house door. She doesn't want to scare anyone or just appear in there. It has been eleven hours sense she has last seen her family. Behind the door, Mary is the first to hear nocking. She quickly rushes to the door, hoping that it is Casady. When her mom sees Maru, she follows behind her with her husband. The three of them open the door and instantly let out a sigh of relief.

"What happened?","I thought you were dead!","What do you mean by powers?","Who was Sotonoya?","Where have you been?","You have a lot of explaining to do!" All three of them start talking over each other. Of course her father was the one to say that she has a lot of explaining to do.

All of them seem concerned for Casady except for her father. He seems like he has a different agenda. The four of them all go into the dinning room where there lays a old wooden table. This is one of the few times they have actually sat together as a family.

"Casady, you need to explain everything before we talk about what to do." Her father said calmly, but sternly.

"What do you mean 'what to do'?" Casady asks, confused by what her father is planning.

"Just answer the question Casady, it's not that hard."

"Fine." Casady states, ready to explain everything.

A/N-
Sorry for the short chapter! I wanted to let you all know that I have started the editing process. Unfortunantly, I will not be posting the edited version for a few weeks, as it will take a while to edit each chapter. Always feel free to follow, vote, comment, share, and tell other about this book. Lastly, you are all so awesome! I am extatic to see my book already almost at 600 readers! If you have any suggestions or anything like that for all of the chapters previous to this one, let me know. If you feel that I should add or subtract anything from this novel, let m,e know so that when I edit it, I can change it all. Thanks!
Happy Reading, and Writing!
End of A/N