Old Faces

Old Faces

'Eight is approaching. Everyone knows the risk on eight but they don't know the true risk. Don't use your powers, people will try to make you, don't let them. Choose three people to tell, that is all. Choose carefully, and remember that the one closest to you may betray you. Once you tell the fourth, one will die, this is not a good thing. You may only have three, for each additional one who knows, one additional one will perish. The oldest die first. Now listen closely, keep secrets. Secrets are what keep you alive. Between the keeper and you, have no secrets. For secrets will tear you apart. They build you up, but can also tear you down. Lastly, listen to what your gut tells you, not your mind. Whatever you do, ignore your mind.
Signing off, X'
Page 13 of, The Legend of a Twisted Knight

TTG

"Casady?" Thomas says, hanging on to the 's' sound.

"What are you doing here Thomas? And how the hell are you still alive?" Casady asks, coming out of shock.

"You see, I was never really there, I was, but I wasn't. I will explain that later. For now, all you need to know is that everything is from endless games of Sotonoya. I know that this is going to sound crazy, but you have to listen to me. I was forced to do and act everything. Sotonoya had my family taken and tortured. She killed my mother. She would kill someone every time I screwed up. I know you think that I am lying but I'm not."

"Thomas, even if I did believe you, which I don't, why are you here? Wouldn't Sotonoya kill someone else?" Beverly says flatly.

"She would, but that is where she didn't think things through. She killed everyone that I cared about. My mother, father, older sister, older brother, and younger brother. I have no one left, except you too, that is."

"Complete bull! You tried to kill me." Beverly shouts, causing people to turn in there direction.

"Shh!" Casady says to Beverly, warning her to quiet down,"I hate to say this, but you put up a convincing argument. I am not sure whether I should trust you or not."

"Well, what does you gut tell you?"

"To trust you."

"Look, if you trust me and let me be apart of the team, I will do anything that you want. Plus, if I do something you don't like then kill me."

"Casady?" Beverly asks, curious to know what her decision will be. Beverly trusts Casady's judgment.

"Okay, we have a deal" Casady says, sticking out her hand to shake hands with Thomas.

"So you guys were going to go over the book?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I have your drinks. A iced mocha, double espresso, and a iced decaf mocha for the young lady." The barista says, returning from making the drinks.

"Thank you, here you go." Thomas says, handing her twenty dollars. "You can keep the change."

"Really? Thank you sir!" She says with wide eyes.

"No problem" he says, then turns his attention back to the three girls, "so how far have you gotten?"

"We are only on page nine."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There is something that you need to know but I am forbidden to speak what the books says before it has been read."

"Then we need to read it."

"I'll read. Do you want me to start from page nine?" Mary says, wanting to help.