Chapter |8|

Elle's Point of View:

When we got to the barbecue that Billie's and the boys friend was throwing, I noticed how many influencers they were friends with and how many I've never met before. The backyard of Danielle's place was huge, there must have been about 30 close friends to her here, so I kind of feel out of place.

I am brought out of my thoughts when I am handed a plate of food. "Here you go," Billie said with a warm smile. "I didn't know if you wanted ketchup and mayo on your burger, but I know you like cheeseburgers so I know I got that right." I wanted to kiss her to thank her but we're not alone so I decided against it.

"Thank you, you actually did it how I usually would," I chuckled before eating one of the Doritos that Billie put on the side of my plate, I find it adorable that she's already starting to catch onto what I like and don't like. "You didn't get anything to eat?"

Shaking her head, she was about to speak when Danielle ran over to us while screaming Billie's name making not only me but Billie jump.
"Bro, how many damn times am I gonna have to tell your ass to stop scaring me like that? Fuck dude." I watched as the blue hair girl wrapped her arms around the 5'2" redhead who was beaming.

"Bitch, I haven't seen you for a fucking minute! What'd you expect? Your girl has missed you," Danielle laughed before reaching over and grabbing a chip from my plate and eating it. "Who's this?"
The dark red head nodded in my direction making Billie look over towards me and a smile immediately grew on her face. "This is Elle, I actually met her a few months ago. She's really chill, so be nice."

Danielle sucked on her teeth while her brown eyes scanned over me, the longer she stared the more uncomfortable I grew. I think Billie noticed how uncomfortable I was getting and pulled Danielle to the side after telling me she'd be back.

What even? What the hell?

I watched as the two of them talked, Billie not looking the happiest. Taking a bite of my burger I looked around at everyone laughing, and others having conversations. I was about to take another bite until I saw Elijah stuffing his face in potato salad and cramming some Doritos into his mouth as well. Maybe I'll just go talk to him.

"You're making a mess, Eli." I told him once I got over to where he was, he looked a little startled before he finished the contents of food in his mouth then grabbed a napkin to wipe his mouth.

"Bro, you know how I feel about you telling me when I'm making a mess and shit," Elijah began his little rant making me sigh. "You're always about that, being clean and taking your time to eat food, and I ain't about that holmes. I like to eat fast, I don't know why."

Rolling my eyes I shifted my stance, waiting to see if he was going to continue but he didn't. "I know." was all I could manage to say.

Furrowing his brows he tilted his head before reaching out to touch my shoulder, "I was joking, you doing okay? You seem off."

"No. I mean, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine," I shrugged before pulling my hair up into a ponytail. "I just don't feel like I belong here, I don't know anyone here."

"You know me, Isaac, and Billie. I can start introducing you to some people if you'd like?"

"It's okay, thank you though. I don't think Danielle likes me." I finally admit, looking back at both Billie and Danielle talking, Danielle's arm around Billie's waist. Wait, why is Danielle's arm around Billie's waist? Weren't they just arguing?

"Yeah... well, Danielle has a problem with letting things go, people go. She'll learn that you're slightly cool," Elijah teased me with a big grin on his face and I hit him on the arm making him laugh. "I'm kidding! I joke! You're cool!"

"Yeah, you're a dick." I laughed before being pulled into the embrace of my best friend, I can't remember the last time I had a good hug from him so I wrap my arms around his torso, releasing a quiet sigh.

"Hey, could I ask you something?" He asked before pulling away, nodding my head I looked up at him. "Are you and Bil, you know?" Eli made a movement that anyone could tell that he meant banging, I cleared my throat before letting out a chuckle.

"We're not fucking, not yet at least."

"Elle, I love Billie, I really do. But, when it comes to relationships.. it's really not something she does."

"I know, but maybe she's changed? We're taking things slow."

Shaking his head he gave me a concerned look. "She fucks around and never gains feelings, I just don't want you to get hurt alright? I know her, she doesn't like commitment." After a moment of my silence Elijah said that he was going to go inside to use the restroom and I nodded my head before looking over in the direction of Billie.

I'm beginning to question a lot of things, whether this time with me will be different for her, or whether I'm just about to get played. There's so much I don't know about her and how many people she's fucked around with, maybe she slept with Danielle before? What did Eli mean when he said she has a hard time letting people go?

Almost two hours had gone by of being at this barbecue and I'm ready to go home, I hung out around the twins letting them introduce me to some of their friends. I lost sight on Billie, I'm trying not to be upset with her, she hasn't seen her friends in a while and I was not about to be a selfish clingy bitch and take her from her friends.

Pulling out my phone I go onto Uber to get a ride home and then I open up messages to Billie since I didn't see her out here and I didn't want to go inside.

Billie🥰💕

Hey, I think I'm gonna go home. So I guess I'll just see you later.
[Sent at 7:52 pm]
————————

I waited to see if Billie had opened and read my message but she didn't.

"What ever." I mumbled to myself in annoyance before going out front to wait for my Uber.

I honestly don't know why Billie would have wanted me to come here if she wasn't going to spend time with me, I mean, I get that she hasn't seen her friends here for quite some time but she probably knew that I don't really know anyone here other than her, Isaac and Elijah. This whole thing annoys me is all, so my plan for the rest of the evening is to work on school and catch up on the shit I have been behind on. Ever since I've been seeing Billie I have been super distracted, I need to figure out a good schedule sometime soon.