Lloyd: The Clever One

(Y/n) had been waiting for this moment. The Mask of Hatred was right in front of them, all that was left was to snatch it and get the heck out of here. (Y/n) moved with the shadows, forcing herself to stay hidden until Harumi's signal.

Said girl neared the mask and slowly reached out. Even if (Y/n) couldn't see Harmui's face, she could sense her devious smirk. As Harumi's hands skimmed the edges of the mask, a flame-like shield forced her away. It was just like both girls expected. If Harumi tricked Lloyd into taking it, the end would be a straight line and their master plan would come to a clean close. Harumi motioned to the mask and took a step back. "Only someone with Oni blood can take the mask." (Y/n) rolled her eyes. She was becoming impatient because Harumi was taking it too slow. They needed that mask, now. If it were her way, she'd knock Lloyd out and take it in a jiffy. But no, Harumi just had to use Lloyd as her bait. 

Lloyd slowly, almost hesitantly, reached for the mask. He wrapped his fingers around it and pulled it off the pedestal. His emerald eyes traced over its intricate details, tracing over each nook and cranny. "Can I?" said Harumi, reaching for the mask giddily. "Can I see it?" Lloyd pulled away from her, his back turned.

"I, I just want to see it."

Lloyd's emerald eyes, the ones that matched my own so well, pierced into Harumi's suspiciously. I bit my thumb. He knew. "How did you know?" Harumi gave Lloyd a confident smile. "It's an Oni temple. It's safe to assume only an Oni can take it." She spoke a little too fast. Lloyd eyed Harumi and edged away from her. I glared at her and motioned for her to hurry up. She glared jangrily at me before turning back to Lloyd.

"How could you know that I was part Oni?" questioned Lloyd in disbelief. Harumi advanced, appearing dangerously close to Lloyd. "You're related to the First Spinjitzu Master. He was an Oni." She snuck her hand over Lloyd's shoulder, nearly grasping the mask. Defensive, Lloyd pulled the mask closer to him, his eyes set on Harumi's in deep thought. "Jay and I were alone when Mistaké told us the story. You were never there."

"Then...I must have heard it from Jay."

(Y/n) clenched a fist. That was a pathetic excuse. Jay would never spill something so top-secret to a measly princess. He would ask Lloyd first because even Jay respected people's privacy. Harumi's facade was sliding off like melted ice. If she didn't hurry up, then (Y/n) would have to intervene. Harumi tried snatching the mask again, only for Lloyd to stumble back. "I don't want to believe it." He paused, betrayal thundering in his eyes. "You're the Quiet One?"

"How could you say that?" cried Harumi. Lloyd turned away, realization crossing over his face. Everything he knew about her, was it all a lie? Had he fallen for some plastic princess? "It all makes sense now. 'The greatest villain is the one you never knew was there in the first place'. You said that."

Harumi let out a small laugh. "Oh yes, I'm the criminal mastermind." she sarcastically muttered. "How could I have done this? Do you realize how silly you are sounding?" She placed a hand on Lloyd's shoulder and traced a finger down Lloyd's chest. (Y/n) growled under her breath incoherent insults. What was Harumi doing? This wasn't apart of the plan.

"I-I love you." Harumi knew that Lloyd had a crush on her, so this was her last choice. If Lloyd wouldn't give the mask to her willingly, then she'd do it herself. She closed her eyes and leaned in for a kiss. Stunned, Lloyd only watched in confliction. For one, the girl he really, really had the hots for was going to kiss him, but on the other hand... Lloyd shoved Harumi off of him. "Stay. Back." he seethed. From the shadows, (Y/n)'s face contorted into a deep scowl. She thought Harumi was taking it too far. None of this would have happened if (Y/n) did everything herself.