Lloyd and Nya: Trained to Kill

I did what I was born to do, what I was trained to do all my life: kill.

Being an assassin wasn't what I chose to do, it was something I was forced into. Father trained me day and night, rain or shine, and if I disobeyed any orders, I'd suffer severe punishments. A few times when I was a kid, he left me deep in the woods to find my way out. It was either that or be eaten by the wolves. Another time, when I was about ten or twelve, father knocked me out and threw me somewhere in Hiroshi's Labyrinth. I was stuck there for days. Long story short, I met a stark white wolf who led me out and became my friend. .

"Since minions do not exactly get the job done, we've been hired to find the next victim. I'll have over a thousand bucks if you find him and bring him to Lord Garmadon."

I narrowed my eyes. "Father, I thought you said we--"

"We as in I give you the supplies and you fufil the dirty work. Once you find the Green Ninja..." I sucked in a sharp breath. "...torture him slowly along with his friends. Then bring him to Lord Garmadon or vise versa. Whichever makes them suffer more, go with it." Father pointed a finger to my chest. "And if you fail, there will be dire consequences, none having to do with my brilliant mind. Working for the Dark Lord means you. Cannot. Fail. Got it?"

I nodded cautiously. If I failed, that would mean certain death by the hands of Lord Garmadon. And word had it that he wasn't the same man as before.

"And if you die, that means I won't get my damn money." He looked me dead in the eyes with a glint of...something. He was hard to read today, and that scared me. I was usually good at guessing people's moods and feelings, but today, I had a bad feeling about the mission. "Come back to me, or else I'll fucking hunt you down myself, kill you three bloody times over, and steal your stupid elemental powers, you hear?" said father, patting me on the back.

"You always say I don't have elemental powers father."

"That's just what I want you to think." I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. "And besides, you have Spinjitzu." I furrowed my brows and looked at him as if he grew an extra head. "I, uh..." 

Father gave me an angry glare close enough to murder someone. My stomach did flip-flops. He was finally going to kill me, wasn't he? I waited in anticipation for him to slap me or something. Instead, and much to my relief, he said, "Huh? Can't hear you." Father pushed me out the door and threw my bag into my hands. "Don't die and don't bring that wolf of yours." The door slammed with a shut, leaving me alone in the woodland.

"He was oddly nice today..."

The sun was slowly rising over the horizon, and a gentle breeze rustled the trees every now and then. My nerves were going crazy, causing my throat to constrict and my hands to shake. As if on queue, the snow white wolf appeared. She nuzzled my side and barked a greeting. "Hello to you too." Just her presence was enough to calm me, but not enough to erase my worries. With a sigh, I said, "Father said you can't come with me." I was slightly disappointed, but I knew it was for good reason. This mission was probably one of the most dangerous I had ever been assigned. And for the record, I did not want to lose my only friend.

"Please, I don't want to see you hurt." 

Understandingly, the wolf nodded her head and disappeared into the woods.

---

As much as I didn't want to complete this mission, facing the wrath of both my father and Lord Garmadon was not on my bucket list. That'd be suicide. I couldn't help but wonder why Garmadon wanted the ninja, specifically, his son, Lloyd. I never knew him too personally, but I did know his father. He was actually my mentor until he turned, well, evil evil. He was strict and a bit of a hard-ass, but taught me so many things that I could never forget.