Cole: Crazy

"How much for that?" questioned a girl curtly. She nodded towards an elegant and stainless sword that gleamed like the most precious jewels in all the land, and was as striking as lightning. The merchant frowned and gave a small, unruly grunt. "Five 'undred." The girl's eyes widened to the size of platters one would find at the king's dinner table.

"B-but that sword..." The girl clenched her fist so tightly that her knucles turnt white. "It was gifted to me by a dear relative whom I treasure, sir. I need that sword back. And speaking of which, where in all of Camelot did you find it? I swear, it was sitting in the armory just yesterday!" The girl's tone was far from gentle, for all her anger stored up in her little body had nowhere to escape until now. Some do say little people are far angrier than the taller folk.

"Ma'e tha' six 'undred."

The girl's jaw fell to the floor. "S-six hundred...?! You're mad! I am not paying six hundred for that. That sword was mine to begin with!'" The old man shrugged, unabashed by the girl's outburst. "Sorry love, business is business. A girl wu'un't need a sword anyway." He gave a hearty laugh. "Why don't ya go back to your husband if you aren't going to buy anything? I bet he's a waitin' fur dinner. " The girl gave the man a fiery glare. They had a brief stare-off, until the girl pivoted on her heel and marched away. She didn't have a husband, nor did she believe a need for one. Love was stupid, she thought. And so was that man. If she make a commotion, she'd surely get in trouble with Prince Arthur and King Luther, so she played it safe, and let it go.

Her long (h/c) locks bounced behind her with each stride, only emphasizing her fury. She made her way through the crowds of dirty people who probably hadn't showered ever in their lives before passing a few little shops and many homes. She made her way into the castle, down a few halls, and finally, into her own room. The girl burst through the door.

"I cannot believe him! That bloody, good-for-nothing bloke! 'Business is business' my arse! Six hundred! Six hundred! Pah! He is mad I tell you!" A boy merely in his teens cast a curious glance to the girl, a smirk crawling up to his lips. "What's gotten you all riled up dear sister of mine?" The girl slammed the door shut with vermillion cheeks. "Oh, don't sweet talk me, brother. To be frank, it's disgusting when you do that." The girl plopped down on a chair.

"You know that sword you gifted me all those years ago?" The girl's brother nodded. "That was so difficult to grt my hands on (Y/n). You said you lost--"

"That damned merchant in the market stole it! He didn't even believe me when I told him it was mine. The old bloke had the nerve to raise the price after I told him how precious it was to me. Can you believe this Merlin?! That stupid..." The world seemed to pause for a mere moment. Then, it sped up until it paused on a particular scene. Time returned to normal, and all played out.

The ground underneath the so-called Camelot cracked and crumbled around the girl. She screamed out for help, uttered words lost in the wind, and tried to grab onto something -- anything to keep her from falling into a gaping hole in the forest. Alas, her hands slipped, and then, the world went dark.

Cole awoke with a start. His heart rapidly thumped against his chest and a cold sweat ran down his neck. What...was that? The dream was so bizarre to Cole. He never dreamt of fantasy worlds from books or movies, and he was certain that none of his dreams were this vivid. Well, maybe he did have similar dreams once in a blue moon, but they were always so vague and fuzzy that he forgot he ever dreamt of them. The odd thing was that they always circled around the same girl every time.

"For once, Cole's the last to get up." joked Kai. Cole surveyed the room before a sigh left his lips. He dismissed the dream; Kai was right, he was the last to get up.