Lloyd and Nya: Trained to Kill Pt.2

"Torture...what in the name of FSM is that supposed to mean?" I mumbled. Sansa had gagged Nya and Lloyd and helped me drag them to a secluded area of the city. Before I turn them in, I had to think of a way to torture them. But I didn't know how to do that, and I sort of didn't want to. All I wanted was to be done and over with this mission. It was dragging out far too long. I scowled. "I swear to the First Spinjitzu Master..." 

Sansa gave me a pointed look and crossed her arms. "Your deadline is dusk (Y/n)." she warned. And as she said, the sky was beginning to change into pastel pinks and oranges and purples. I cursed under my breath and yanked Nya and Lloyd off the ground. "Get moving!" I shouted. My patience was waning thin, and the guilt I felt was immense. The protectors of Ninjago deserved so much better, so much more. They didn't deserve to be captured and tortured at the hands of either me or Lord Garmadon. 

But failing this mission would mean certain death. 

I pulled the two along with a grim frown. Perhaps I could bring them to Lord G. and have him torture them instead? That could work, but that didn't help their cause, or the guilt in my stomach. Without warning, Sansa removed their gags. "I shall take my leave now." she said. And just like that, she was gone with the wind. "Thanks a lot!" I sarcastically exclaimed. We walked in a strained silence until the fated building came into view. 

That was when the struggle was real.

"You don't have to do this (Y/n)." said Lloyd. "What will you get out of this if you turn us in?" I shrugged. "Well I don't know, the ability to live a few more years?" I sarcastically answered. "You do know that my father will kill me if I don't complete this mission, right?" 

"That's horrible..." muttered Nya. I scoffed. "It's better than being left to die in Oroshi's Labyrinth." I ignored the look of shock from Nya and pulled her forward with Lloyd. "It's inevitable. You cannot escape this." I sent a nod to the guards at the main door. 

"What's your business here?"

"I have retrieved Lloyd Garmadon and Nya Smith on the orders of Lord Garmadon himself." I stated. The man sneered, "He goes by Emperor Garmadon now. Get with the times missy!" I rolled my eyes and waved him off. We walked inside and immediately squished ourselves into an elevator. There was silence until someone just had to break it. 

"Why would a ninja, a person of honour, become an assassin?" questioned Nya. I frowned. "You heard Lloyd say I was a ninja?" She nodded. "Well, it wasn't my choice, Master of Water." I harshly said. "...I didn't have a choice."

"Why?"

My eyes averted to the window indifferently. "It's none of your business." The elevator lurched to a stop and we tumbled out. We walked in silence all the way to the rooftop. 

I heaved in a large gulp of air and faced Garmadon with a bow. "S-sensei..." I nearly chocked on my words. He didn't look like Sensei, he looked more like...an Oni, a monster. Not only that, but his aura radiated pure evil unlike before. I felt fear from the only person I thought I could trust. 

Not anymore... 

My hands shook as I pushed Lloyd and Nya forward. "I am no longer your sensei, you should know (Y/n)." I raised my head wearily. "Y-yes..."

"Where is your father?"

I gulped and forced the words out of my mouth. "At home." Emperor Garmadon scoffed. "I asked him to carry out the task, not you. I assume he is cowering away?" I hesitantly nodded. "Tell me, what has become of your elemental powers?" I was surprised he wasn't going to say anything about me not torturing the two ninja. I pushed that aside and answered obediently. "My father took them from me for himself. He said I am not worthy to be an Elemental Master." 

Unknowingly, venom at the very mention of his name dripped from my mouth. The simple thought of him really pissed me off, and with my waning temper, I couldn't control it. Much to my surprise, Emperor Garmadon looked a bit riled. His lips were curled into a deep sneer, and his glowing, red eyes narrowed. He clenched a fist. I was scared that he would kill me on the spot for disrespecting my own father. 

"I trained you to be the ultimate weapon in battle!" He slammed his fist against his throne so hard that the stone cracked. "You are skilled, and even without elemental abilities, you are capable. I understand your anger (Y/n)." I felt like I had been shocked by the Nunchucks of Lightning. Me, skilled. Me, capable? I heaved in a rattling breath and nearly chocked on air. "Join me as my personal assassin," he folded his hands in front of his lap, "and you will never be looked down upon again. You will have power, control. You will get your elemental powers back...if you join me." 

I hesitantly raised my head. I wouldn't have to deal with father ever again if I joined him. I would be part of the inner circle, and finally be free of him. It sounded too good to be true, and deep down, I knew that I was right. I'd only be a puppet again, a chained animal forced to do what my master said. I slowly stood and gathering whatever courage I had. "I...regretfully decline." I said, choosing my words carefully. "There are some roles in life I can not live up to, and that is one of them."

"I see..." Emperor Garmadon snapped his fingers. His henchmen raised their weapons. "Join or die." At the speed of light, I whipped out a knife from my pocket and cut Lloyd and Nya free. This man was not my sensei. He was the enemy. "My apologizes, but I do not collaborate with impersonators!" My former sensei looked like he had been robbed.

"How...how DARE YOU!"

It felt good to be doing what I wanted. I was usually restrained by father's every order, every command. But now, I was on my own, acting on impulse. Even though the mission failed, I felt so free that it didn't matter anymore. 

It didn't matter anymore.

Sorry for that terrible ending. I've been busy, and not sure why, but the ending for this was hard to write. I've also been working on Let the Past Die, my newest Ninjago story. School also started last week, and it's been a bit overwhelming. Thanks for reading, please vote and make lots of comments.