Garmadon: If

"If you could go back in time, stop anything or change anything, would you?"

Garmadon had his doubts and regrets about himself, about his sins, about everything he did. From training under Chen, to being one of the greatest villians in all of Ninjago history, he had his regrets. (Y/n)'s words echoed like a bell. It bounced in his head and around, unceasing for a while and noisy.

Even if he could go back in time, would it change anything?

I'd change almost everything if I could, he thought.

And that was when the words started spilling like a cup of spilt tea.

"Would you like me better if I hadn't been evil? If I hadn't been bitten by the Great Devourer? If I hadn't been the cause of so much pain and destruction to Ninjago? Would you...like me better if I had gone back in time and erased all of my sins?"

(Y/n) stared and stared. All she heard was 'what if I...' and 'if I hadn't...'. She couldn't stand him to think like that, it wasn't healthy for him. "If what Garmadon? If this, if that, what if there are no more 'what if's' in the world? Then what? We can not change the past, only look towards the future." (Y/n) ran a hand through Garmadon's locks. As much colour as they were losing, they never lost their cloud-like fluffiness. It had always been one of (Y/n)'s favourite things about him. Garmadon crossed his arms. "You sound exactly like Wu."

"You learn a thing or two when you stand around him so much."

Guilt suddenly appeared on Garmadon's face. "...I'm sorry for my absence in the past. You were left by yourself for so many years. If only I'd--"

(Y/n) held up a hand dismissively. "I know, and I forgive you, so stop with all the if's." (Y/n)'s voice was soothing and understanding, yet turmoil still brewed in Garmadon's gut, and he could not stand it. He let out a sharp breath. "How are you so calm? Aren't you resentful towards me? Angry? Do you not hate me for all the pain I have caused? I left you and Lloyd without a single goodbye, yet you are so calm and forgiving?" He began to question if he were even good enough to be a father at all. Garmadon hoped Lloyd held nothing against him. "What have I done to deserve you?" he bitterly questioned.

(Y/n) smiled a smile that resembled the stars themselves. Her eyes glowed with a sense of wonder and wisdom, and her heart beat as steadily as a drum. "You deserve so much more than this life. You were bitten, evil ran through your veins, and you had no choice but to obey. Through all that, you still cared for Lloyd and I and made an effort to make sure we were safe. You vowed to atone, and you've been working hard to redeem yourself for the past."

(Y/n) leaned into Garmadon's shoulder, and he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Stop with the 'what if's', okay? You are trying your best, and that's all that matters." She pecked Garmadon on the cheek, to which he flared up like an oven. "I will always love you, no matter what."

The frown of discomfort and unease on Garmadon's lips gradually molded into a warm smile. He felt a bit more at peace, safe even, in this moment. With the last of the sun's rays hitting their skin, and the cold of night rolling over their shoulders, as well as the stars chasing away the sun, he couldn't have felt more happier.

Words were not needed for the silent agreement. All they needed was each other's warm embrace and the way their hearts always beated in sync.