Chapter Seven~

(Agent P.O.V)

Being able to even mildly function was becoming hell. How Castiel survived a good ten years of this surprised him.
After no call coming in from Charlie he took matters into his own hands and decided he'd deal with the redhead later.

Alistair wasn't at work and wouldn't be, because Castiel found out he in fact had been fired earlier in the week. Apparently he had enough warnings of harassment before Castiel, so it wasn't a surprise now.

Instead. It was a blonde man with electrifying gray eyes. He welcomed Castiel with a smile, a smile that could make a few girls drop.

"Hello, I'm agent Novak with the FBI. I'm here to check on the case of Benny Lafitte."

The man had already seemed to know why Castiel was there and motioned for him to follow. At this moment he could take back his words from earlier. There was just something about this man that didn't budge at him, but being professional also didn't mean he could be thinking such things about people.

"Yes, we figured out Mr. Lafitte had been presumed dead for about three days before he had been found."

That was shocking, yes definitely. It got Castiel thinking. The house lady that found him, he needed to have a talk with her.
"Is that all you found?"

The man turned to face Castiel and took an immature action of letting his eyes rake up and down Castiel's figure, a lick of the lips at the end. Castiel almost frowned.

"Sadly.. yes. Nothing was found on him.. or any parts of him to be exact, but. After a bit of examination of the blood. We found some DNA that didn't belong to him, infact it was the saliva of some sort of animal.

"Animal? What do you mean by that?"

"That's the problem. We don't know what animal exactly, but it wasn't human, that's for sure."

A moment of silence washed over the two men, but it didn't make sense and recently Nothing made sense to Castiel. It all just- nothing seemed to click.

Castiel found himself having no further questions and he even made his way to leave, but the blond man had other suggestions.

"Also, Agent. This might be at the wrong time, but if you'd like to grab a drink sometime I wouldn't say no."

Castiel furrowed his brow, "It is the wrong time to be asking that, but I'm going to politely decline and walk away."
Castiel narrowed his eyes and made his way out of the building, taking his phone and dialing Hannah.

"Yes, sir?" Came the voice of the brunette.

"I want to talk to the house lady. Get me her name and address please."

"Her name is Meg Masters and her address I'll message you in about a minute."

"Hurry, Anderson." He waited patiently by his car until there was a buzz of his cell and he assumed it was Hannah, but instead he felt his heart accelerate once more.

(DEAN:) Whenever you're free, agent.

Yes, it only took one sentence to have Castiel's feelings spiral into nothing. He decided not to answer, considering he himself didn't know when he would next be free.
A few seconds later it was Hannah who texted him with the address and off he he was to a woman's house who was probably dealing with emotional trama at that very moment, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
As soon as he got there he parked infront of the house and knocked a few times on the door, when no immediate answer was given to him, he felt something settle in his gut.