Chapter Fifteen-

It had been three weeks. Three weeks since the last kill. The last one being Alistair. Castiel felt bad for the guy, but glad he was gone and couldn't hurt anybody else.

His wounds had healed, nobody smart enough to notice. Dean and Castiel were happy. They were good. Dean had told him to be careful though. Apparently one of his demons went on a riot. Causing trouble.

Other than that. Good news, the case was practically dropped. The paperwork coming in on Thursday.

Now it was Tuesday and Gabriel had invited Castiel to his new court case. A wife and a husband fighting for property.

Castiel had told his brother all about Dean. Gabriel was definitely excited to meet him.

"I'm already on my way. If you're not ready I'm going to- hm. I don't know, but they'll be consequences."

Castiel chukled. Dean had still used the method of contacting Castiel through his head.

"Yeah yeah."

Castiel continued to iron his shirt. It was a white button up. He already had his jeans on, his shirt being the last piece to the puzzle.

There was a knock on his door, Castiel put on the clean shirt, his chest still very bare.

There was another knock making Castiel roll his eyes, "I'm coming. I'm coming."

Castiel opened the door excepting Dean, but the person was definitely not Dean.

"Hannah? What are you doing here?" He asked.

The dark haired women's eyes raked up Castiel's bare chest, a blush tinting her cheeks.

"What happened to your wounds? They're- they're gone. No scar or anything?" She examined. Castiel realized his mistake.

"Oh! Hah. Yeah. They heal quickly. I'm ok. Come in."

He opened the door wider, letting the brunette in.

"Ah. No, actually I came for you."

Castiel finished the last buttons on his shirt.
Turning to face the lady with a frown.

"What?"

"Well. They sent me for you. There's been a murder."

The words hit Castiel with a sting. What? A murder. no.

"A murder?! I thought- Isn't the case over? It couldn't be Cain."

His heart went into overdrive.

"Well it is. Now come on. Bobby is waiting." She smiled. Something Castiel didn't like.

"What's wrong? I can feel it."

Dean asked carefully.

Castiel felt hurt. He didn't respond to the voice, but Dean said he'd stop. Right? For them.

Castiel shook the thoughts and took his gun along with what he needed.

He followed Charlie down into her car.

"Why do you look so sad, Castiel?" There was something off. Something not right with her voice.

Castiel shook his head. "Nothing."

They drove silently.

"Cas? Where are you? I'm at your front door. Answer it."

Castiel pursed his lips. Sometimes he wished he could just turn off the voice.

They pulled in with the rest of the cop cars, Castiel's throat drying.
He saw the ambulance. The way they began to drag the body out of the lake.