Chapter Ten~

(Agent P.O.V)

"Are you sure?" Castiel began to squint at Charlie like she'd explode.

"Yes! I'm sure. I made the call. You've asked me the same question for the last ten minutes!" She snapped and Castiel was already ready to snap back.

"Well I don't know. The last time I told you to call me. It never happened. I find it unprofessional."

Charlie glanced over at the man who was still squinting. She rolled her eyes, "I am sorry. That was an accident. It won't happen again."

"It doesn't matter. DID YOU MAKE THE-"

"YES! YES I MADE THE CALL!" She grit out through her teeth.

"Call them now. I want to make sure."

"Boss. Im sure she called." Hannah tried to reason, but Castiel was past understanding.

"Call.Them."

"ALRIGHT. I'LL CALL THEM AGAIN!"

Charlie sighed and picked up the phone beside her. Punching in some digits before the phone began to ring.

They had all been sitting in their room. Trying to figure out what this man was going to do next. Castiel had made Dean drive him there after the hospital.

Castiel had given Charlie the great task of calling in someone to give Meg the protection she needed. If she was the next victim, Castiel needed her safe when he couldn't be there.

A female picked up and Castiel listened intently while Charlie spoke.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, Lucy, but have they arrived to the hospital? For Meg."

"Oh yes! Charlie. They just arrived. Don't worry about a thing." Charlie raised an eyebrow at her boss before hanging up.

"You see?! I did the call. They're there."

"Great. Good job." Castiel smiled.

"Now onto important conversation. Did you find anything on that Animal DNA in Benny's blood?"

"Sadly no. Nothing matches. It doesn't make sense. If Benny didn't have animals of any sort. How can this DNA suddenly appear?" Hannah sat back in her chair.
Everyone was already drained. It was currently two in the morning.

"This whole case seems like a puzzle. And we haven't even placed piece number one." Hannah did have a point, "And with bodies dropping at this rate we might never crack this guy."

"Did Meg Say anything to help? " Charlie pitched in, but honestly not really.

"No. She had just told me the same as you, but she was acting strange. She glanced at the door quite often. It seemed odd. "

"Well I'd be terrified if everyone pressured me into thinking I was the next target for a fucking mental man." Hannah shrugged.
"Not to mention after she saw Benny's home. Sheesh. That's traumatized."

"Well get this." Charlie announced, turning her computer for the others to see. "She lied about her working days."

Castiel's eyebrows raised in interest.

"Explain."

"I was able to look at her contract and all that with Benny. She actually works Tuesdays, and this is interesting. Thursdays and Sundays."

"So she-"

"Exactly. She worked the day Benny was assumed to die."

"Why would she lie about it?" Hannah asked a bit confused.