Chapter 15 - Red Rose

Raffaele

I'm on the verge of exploding. My chest vibrates, my suit jacket is suffocating me, and my hands shake violently. I need to release this anger. I need to kill with my bare hands. Asimina took that way from me by putting a bullet in his head. I have no victims left. My stare burns through her. I'm fucking furious. I told her not to do anything reckless or stupid, and she fucking willingly handed herself over to that motherfucker.

The images of him touching her, sticking his tongue down her throat, have me beyond extreme levels of anger and no one to let it out on. Abruptly pushing on my chest, she screams, "Who's Franko? What are you not telling me?"

Her wounded lip stained her teeth with blood. I can't get words out. My throat is clogged with fury I'm trying to suppress. Turning to everyone, she seethes, "What are you all hiding from me? No one goes to these lengths to rape a woman!" Taking a deep breath in, she screams, "Talk!"

Turning her raging gaze to Petro, she storms over to him. "Speak!" She pushes him furiously.

Petro grabs hold of her wrists. "One of the men you killed was his younger brother," he grits.

Her whole body starts to shake as the adrenaline begins to wear off, fear starting to consume her. Tears begin running down her face, and Petro's hold loosens. She brings her hands to her mouth, gasping, "He's not going to stop until he tortures me and kills me. That's why he wants Lia."

Lia falls apart in Matteo's hold while Nat breathes erratically, tears running down her face.

"We have to leave." Asimina grabs hold of Nat's hands. "Do you understand, Nat? Let's go to Greece. Thia - Aunt Helen was right. I need to leave the states. Lia needs to get out of the states." Blinking away tears that keep coming, she chokes on her words, "If we stay here, we will die. He has multiple gangs on the lookout."

Nat fearfully stares at her sisters and nods vigorously. She agrees, "If that's what you want, let's leave. Tonight."

The thought of her leaving pushes me over the edge. My Demon screams at me, and I punch the concrete pillar, letting out a burst of anger. Taking heavy steps, I shake the ground under me, replicating the earthquake happening within. I inch towards her, grabbing hold of her arms, turning her abruptly to face me. "Get in the fucking car, Asimina," I force out. It's all I can manage to say.

"Let me go, Raffaele," she cries.

Fusing my eyes shut, I tilt my head slightly back, taking in the deepest breath I can muster, trying to control my rage. Turning to look at her again, I demand, "Now is not the time to test me." I yell, my anger erupting, "Get in the fucking car!"

"I'm not one of your lapdogs, Raffaele. Your bark has no authority with me," she grits through her teeth, pushing me further.

Snapping my eyes to Mariano and Matteo, they read my thoughts. Walking over to the car they click on the child locks. Forcefully, I lift her throwing her in the back seat as she kicks and tries to punch. My strength overpowers her, and I slam the doors shut.

"Back to the house!" I froth.

Pulling off my suit jacket, I demand, "Tommy, call Roberto and Zia - Aunt Camila. Organize a meeting and do it fucking now!" Nodding, he gets into the Mustang to drive it back.

Slamming the door shut in vexation, I look through the rear-view mirror to see Asimina sobbing, blood from her lip drips on her top. It reminds me of the first night we met. She doesn't say a word as I drive erratically, continually looking back at her. My blood is boiling. I'm well past any of my limits. I only contain myself for her. I need to, and I will kill all of them. I turn a two-hour drive home into an hour and twenty minutes.