Chapter 19 - The Date

Asimina

After spending the day organizing food and drinks for Lia's birthday, I decide to head downstairs to grab a coffee. I'm meant to be meeting Raffaele for a dinner date in a couple of hours, and I can't stop yawning. The house seems weirdly quiet, considering how many of us live here. Walking into the kitchen, I see Matteo sitting on the bench, scrolling through his phone. "Hey, where is everybody?" I ask. I must admit I'm starting to worry a little.

"Well, Mariano and Mia went out. Tommy is out picking up most of your supplies." He chuckles a little. I've turned the Gun into my delivery boy. Tommy will be driving all-around California, picking stuff up for me. "Everyone else is helping Raffaele."

"Why are you sitting alone?" I prompt.

"I'm giving Lia some space. She's trying to avoid me," he enlightens me, his voice gloomy, and his brows scrunch together.

Walking around the bench, I make myself a coffee and turn back to Matteo. "She's starting to have feelings for you, Matteo. This conversation needs to stay between us."

I wait for him to acknowledge me before continuing, "Lia is shy. Yes, she's had a couple of relationships. But she never felt strongly for any of them. Her first relationship ended with Petro breaking the boy's nose and arm after getting handsy. The second, Lia ended by text after he wanted more of an intimate relationship."

He averts his eyes down to his phone. "Can I get a coffee?" he asks.

Smiling, I make him a cup, handing it to him. "People look at Lia and treat her like a kid because she hasn't been intimate, Nat and Petro are on that list. She hates it."

Taking a sip of my coffee, I wait for him to meet my eyes. "Lia is where I was a month ago, experiencing intense feelings she hasn't had before. Word of advice, just go for it! She will no doubt try to get away from you. Maybe, pin her down and kiss her? But don't end it the same way Raffaele did with me in that gym."

He lets out a laugh and concedes, "He knew he fucked up the moment he left."

Not wanting to get off-topic, I continue giving him advice, "Lia will never make a move or say anything to you. Matteo, she needs someone who will take her out of her comfort zone."

"Advice, taken." He smiles back at me.

Finishing my coffee, I look at the time. "I'll see you later. I need to get ready."

"Ah, the dinner date," Matteo chuckles. I'm wondering what's so funny. Raising my brow at him, he notices and quickly blurts, "It's a first for Raffaele. You've hooked him."

"Are you trying to tell me he's never had dinner with a woman before?" I ask, puzzled.

Shaking his head, he stands and walks over to me. "Mina, Mariano, and I have known him since college. I can tell you that you hold a lot of firsts with him. From that night at the hospital, he was intrigued, captivated." He walks past me, leaving me with a smile on my face.

Entering my shared bedroom with Raffaele, I hear the shower going. My mind instantly fills with dirty thoughts, picturing water running down his defined tanned chest. I must peek. Walking around, I stand admiring his perfectly proportioned body. His biceps flex as he washes his hair. I instantly feel myself getting feverish. Quickly stripping my clothes off, I sneak into the shower and run my hand up his chest.

Wrapping his arms around my waist, he spins us around, so I'm against the tiled wall. "You look sexy, all wet," he rasps, his voice erotic.

He has me lusting for his lips. Tangling my fingers into his hair, I pull him closer to me. Pushing my chest on his, I kiss him intensely. I refuse to break our kiss until we're both desperate for air. I yearn for him. I'm so fucking thirsty for him. Pulling away, we breathe slowly.