Chapter 18 - Sneaky Woman

Raffaele

Taking a seat in the SUV's front passenger seat, I turn my attention to the men in the car. "I'm all ears," I state. I need to get some work done. Although Mariano, Matteo, and Tommy have been handling things, my presence is now required. I need to balance everything out.

"We're on our way to the meeting with the Chief of Police as you requested," Matteo announces. "He tried to avoid meeting with you."

"Did he now? Does he forget he's under my payroll?" I question, my anger on the rise. I've been distracted with Asimina, but that hasn't made me soft, far from it. If anything, I'm more aggressive now than before.

"Gun shipment arrived at the warehouse ready for distribution," Tommy adds. I turn to look at my brother to hear the information I'm waiting on. "The traitor is there and oblivious we're aware."

"The damage?" I demand.

"Eight million in stolen weapons," he responds quickly.

Tommy might be a smart mouth at times, but he knows not to push boundaries, when to follow orders, and respond in a hurry. I'm not short on recruitment options, considering we're the biggest family and pay generously. Everyone wants to work for us. To steal from me is foolish, only earning you a bullet to the head.

"The contract for the purchase of the club is ready for your review. Antonio had it sent this morning," Mariano finishes off.

"Have the Yeung's tried to up the price again? Or did your tactics get them to settle with the original offer?" I question Mariano.

"They settled," turning to look at me as he drives, he adds, "for lower than the original offer."

"I will review it tomorrow, then do the transfer." The Yeung's are a small gang group and hold ownership of a few clubs and restaurants. This property interests me only for its location. I need to conduct more business in Vegas.

Arriving at the restaurant, I enter and take a seat directly in front of Andrew Foster, Chief of Police. He's getting fatter and barely fits in the booth. He's also getting more and more grey, aging quickly.

"I heard you tried to avoid this meeting. Do you want to stay on my payroll? Do you want to continue as the Chief of Police?" I spit at the pathetic son of a bitch sitting in front of me.

"Yes, Mr. Morelli. I wasn't-" he stammers.

Waving my hand, I halt the man from speaking. "Let's not forget who made it possible for you to sit as Chief. Follow fucking orders, Andrew, or the three million I pay you, your job," I snap my fingers, "all gone. Your wife and her luxuries, gone. Your kid's private schooling is gone."

Pulling out a knife from my ankle holster, I spin it around on the table. "Are you working with any other Mafia families? Are you betraying the Morelli Empire to deal with the petty gangsters?"

"No. I'm not involved with any other families. I work only for you." He clears his throat clogging from fear. Little droplets of sweat start to form on his forehead. Finally, his squirming begins.

"Di Vitto is in hiding. Get your boys on the lookout. Flush him the fuck out and call me when he's found," I command, giving him my first orders.

"I will get the units on it. Any rewards for the officer to deliver?" he questions, responding quickly, his eye contact falters.

"Five million." Darting my eyes down at the knife and back to the man, I gesture to Matteo with my finger. He steps forward with a folder and slides it in front of the man.

"I want him. Bring him to me," I demand from the Chief, my eyes narrowing.

Opening the folder, he questions, "An undercover cop? He's one of the best with the cleanest records going around. What do you want with him?"