Chapter 32 - Bail Me Out

Raffaele

"You're right. I am a whore." I cease her footsteps. I don't want her getting any closer. Asimina's words on repeat, John laid a hand on her, sexually harassed her while lying in a weakened state. My fists clench, and my body trembles with rage. I want to kill this motherfucker.

"Tell me. How does it feel, John, that even a whore won't fuck you?" she scoffs, her voice laced with revulsion echoes off the walls. She loathes him.

Narrowing his eyes at her, John taunts, "You're going to spend some time with me down at the station."

Flinging her back, my men gather around, shielding her. My accelerating fury burns beyond control. Fisting his shirt and propelling him against the nearest pillar, I seethe, "She's not going anywhere with you."

Seizing my wrist, his attempt to loosen my hold fails. He ridicules, "I suggest you release me." Leaning down, he stands fearless as he speaks, "There are so many witnesses to the assault of a detective."

Fisting his shirt tighter, I pull him forward, only to slam him back against the pillar. "Let them watch me slaughter a pig!"

Customers and staff of The Golden Dragon screech and scatter to the back end of the restaurant, hiding under tables, booths, and counters at the altercation unfolding in front of them. Around twenty-five, civilians cower inside, while a large crowd begins forming outside the building. Patrol cars speed in, abruptly slamming onto the brakes. The officers fearfully make an entrance with guns drawn.

"Release, detective Lewis!" one uniform demands, striving with utmost effort for flawless speech, ignoring the tumult surrounding me. My focus remains on the relaxed features of the cunt in front of me. Rigid cords form in my neck, my knuckles pale, and unruly trembling of each one of my breaths menacing. Savagely, I repeatedly slam him against the pillar. It takes three fucking uniforms to peel my hold off him.

Colliding onto the nearest table, two hold me down, while the other throws on a pair of cuffs. Viciously laughing, I threaten, "I'm going to fucking kill you all!"

Thrashing, I manage to throw one-off. The older officer digs an elbow into my back. Asimina's heaving, her distorted voice breaking me. Pivoting my head, I stare, numb as tears torrent down her face. John forcibly seizes her arm as she screams, "Let me go, you fucking pig!"

My men restrained, uniforms admonitory aim their guns. "Hands up!" the one officer rebukes. Tommy tosses his phone aside, raising his hands in surrender, signaling me with a wink. He's already contacted, Antonio.

"Don't touch me, you fucking Malaka!" Asimina bellows distressed. Disregarding her upsurged fury, he tightens his hold, spinning her around to face him. Wailing in pain, she upheaves her knee, connecting violently to his groin. Her efforts successfully free her. Releasing his hold, he plummets to his knees as she's thrown onto the counter, and a uniform restricts her with cuffs. She breathes with difficulty.

Explosively my voice soars, "Don't fucking touch her! Asimina, look at me!" Locking her terrified and anguished eyes with mine, my heart brutally thrashes in my chest. "It's going to be okay," I assure, my features softening. "Trust me!" I mouth at her.

Nodding, her eyes seal, drowning in emotions with shaky breaths, all she can muster. John stands to his feet, maliciously approaching Asimina. Mark and Sal discreetly lose their guns. Too quickly for the uniforms to seize, they jump forward and occlude John's steps. Mark swings and delivers a thundering punch to the fuckers' jaw, instantly splitting his lip. Sal throws multiple jabs to his ribs, knocking the air out of his lungs before he's restrained.

The restaurant door opens, and another law enforcer strides through. Flashing his badge, the uniforms stand down. He's one of my boys, Eric Briggs, the detective assigned to bring down John. "He and his men are to be set free. Get those fucking cuffs off him and lower your guns," he orders. Eric ranks higher than all of them.